How many days a week do you exercise?

Options
How many days a week do you exercise and how long/intense?

:) Thanks

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    5 days a week for an hour each time. I alternate between high intensity and medium.
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    6 days a week for about an hour or more. Any day where I bike, it's usually 2+ hours - I really love it! But days where I weight lift, dance, step, or something else... it's between 45 minutes to an hour long.
  • eclaire9
    eclaire9 Posts: 44
    Options
    Im doing the C25K right now, so 3 days a week for 25-30 minutes on the treadmill.
    I'll usually try to add in 1-2 days of free weights as well.
  • Violet319
    Violet319 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    4-5 days. One of those days I try to go hiking. When I go to the gm I do 45 min of resistance weights & 45 min of cardio.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    6 days a week right now...
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    7 Days a week with for at least a half an hour of cardio. I like breaking a sweat each day!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    bump! and I exercise about 3 - 4 times a week for 45 mins - 1 hour. I wish I did more, I just don't quite know what's 'safe' (I mostly run).
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    5 days a week at the gym for an hour or more then 3x a week or more for Zumba classes.
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Generally I do 4 days a week at the gym being Monday, tuesday, Thursday, Friday depends what I have going on...

On a perfect day I do 30 minutes cardio in the gym and 30 minutes swimming, otherwise I do one or the other...
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    About 6 days a week. I change it up. I usually work out 45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes. I do P90X, gym classes, treadmill, and running/walking outside. I like to change it up.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Case in point.....It's not a matter of how long or how often you exercise...it's What you do with the time you spend doing the activity.

I've seen countless people in gyms, day in and day out, who are either just going through the motions without any real challenge, trying to do too much with terrible form, or overtraining to the point where they don't get any results at all.

Most people forget that exercise is a stress, and you need to give yourself time to recover from that stress which is where you get stronger. It's the Rest time between workouts that bring about the benefits and adaptations in the body....and unfortunately, the most often neglected part of people's programs.
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week. Per my trainer, you must take at least one day off to let your muscles recoup!
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    6 days/week 75+ minutes. Upper body/abs with cardio, Lower body/back with cardio. Repeat. [Or sometimes upper/ower/all cardio day then repeat.] I'm rather "up in the air:" about all cardio days, even though our gym trainer recommends them. I often feel less productive on those days.

A year ago when I joined the gym I was doing 45 mins or more of cardio and 45 mins of strength training. Now I do over an hour or more of strength training with 20-20 mins of cardio.. interval style. Better results.

I think it would depend on whether you are maintaining, have lots to lose, your healthy condition, etc.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I run 3 days a week and am usually active on the weekends (hiking, biking, etc) so, I guess 5 days? But not every week. It's at least 3 times a week for an hour, though.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I use to do 4 days a week, but recently increased it to 6 days a week! It's a hard transition cause I only get one off day in the week, but it seems to be helping! I do all sorts of different things, strength training, kick boxing, dancing, walking, biggest loser on the wii. I try to change it up and do something different! The time is usually anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes depending on what I do!
  • ansy96
    ansy96 Posts: 55
    Options
    6 or 7 days for an hour or two. It's different every time, but now I'm on vacation one week and maybe I will make 2 hours workouts(tennis and jogging or jogging and jumping rope+dancing and singing :D).
  • diol3tt3
    diol3tt3 Posts: 9
    Options
    right now I walk 3miles on a trail around a golf course at least five days a week. I've build up from 1.5 miles. I will start adding another 1.5 miles this week so that's walking around the golf course three times. And I do a zumba class every now and then and participate in zumba parties. those run from 45 minutes to an hour
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    7 days a week....i am doing strictly cardio right now, with some hand weights when i walk...i do 80 min. on elliptical, 60-80 min. on treadmill, when i walk outside at the track that i like i do about 50-55 min., i also do 20 min. home workouts every other day....i alternate days when i do the treadmill and elliptical.....i can walk on the treadmill with an elevation of 12, speed of 4.0....BUTT KICKING LET ME TELL YA....on the elliptical i can do an elevation of 10 and speed of 3-4
  • Chey16
    Chey16 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    7 days a week, its one of passions/hobbies so i love to do it and i do it everyday!!!!
  • nishaxbaabeii
    Options
    Wow i look at everybodys progrss n yu guys r doing amazing. I hope i can do the same.