Anyone not using weight loss surgery or stimulants?

Options
13»

Replies

• Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have lost 32 lbs in 3 months. I would NEVER take pills (except the occasional Midol
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    122 lbs down and no surgery or pills here. Add me :)
  • amynb524
    amynb524 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs since Jan 1st of this year.
    Its all been moving more, eating less, and counting calories.
    I'm not following any special diet.. i'm just being more aware of what I eat and exercising more.

Its totally sustainable! I'm not getting burned out like I have in the past when trying to stick to a particular "fad diet"
  • wanttobefit300
    wanttobefit300 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It sounds so simple but move a littlemore eat alittle less. I have been at this for a year and have lost 114 pounds. Its not easy. I have to wake up everyday and decide that I want to a little better than the day before. If you screw up and have a bad day make the next day your day to shine. Look at the diaries of some of the success stories you see on here, make friends with like minded goals. You can totally do this! :)

You are so right! Look at Jarad (from the Subway commercials). While I don't necessarily recommend the "Subway diet", the concept still works. He reduced his calories to about 2000 a day and started walking everywhere. He lost an incredible amount of weight that way and now is famous and (probably) wealthy.
  • Bella65233
    Bella65233 Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My insurance would not cover the surgery. Since all the surgery does anyway is limit the amount of food you can eat at one sitting you still have to control how much you eat, the amount of calories you take in, and limit the amount of carbs you eat. I decided to change my behavior towards food and limit my calorie intake to 1200 a day although I very rarely eat that much. I walk every day and though it sounds very funny, I exercise to Sweating to the Oldies. I've lost 60 pounds in 12 weeks. I have a ways to go but I am determine to stick to it. I stay away from the over the counter pills. Along with all the other great advice here, eat slow and not in front of a tv. Pay attention to what you eat. You will find you get full a lot faster and fill satisfied and not stuffed.
  • pdoloughlin
    pdoloughlin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd never have surgery or take diet pills. Not berating those that do but I've lost 115 pounds through hard work
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 70 lbs in 8 months by counting calories & portion control & EXERCISE. No stimulants, no drugs, nothing except a lot of determination, dedication & will power.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Extra86 wrote: »
    New here! People keep writing about their surgery or medications they are taking that helped them lose weight. My Dr. won't perscribe me any medication to lose weight because of high blood pressure. He also said I have to be over 100 lbs. over to be considered for surgery. But according to some charts I am pretty close. Any advice?

the vast majority of people here aren't using meds or surgery.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    The OP has left the building.
  • angelflyer63
    angelflyer63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there:) I am new to MFP and have been logging in consistently for 15 days. I have lost 7 lbs so far.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I lost 123 pounds with no surgery and no medications. My husband has lost 140 pounds the same way. We are not that unique on this site, there are a lot of us. We didnt follow any special diet, or restrict any food at all, we just counted our calories using MFP and exercised.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!