Water Question

Options
This has probably been answered in the past but since I'm fairly new to the site - here goes. Can you count coffee and unsweetened tea to your water count? I do drink plain water but don't ususally get 8 glass of pure water a day.

Replies

• jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    you can count whatever you like! Technically your body does use all liquids as water to some extent, so I count everything but soup. Some people count only 0-calorie drinks, only water, or everything but soda. It's up to you :)
  • veganhoneys
    veganhoneys Posts: 34
    Options
    My rule is yes, but only up to 2 cups. And the coffee or tea can't have any sugar, milk, or other added ingredients. So 6 cups pure water with one black morning coffee and one bedtime herbal tea pretty much hits the spot!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    id count it as my water count...since its basically flavored water
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You can count unsweet tea and crystal light type stuff, but at least half should be plain water. And soda does NOT count.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've been told Coffee is a diuretic and shouldn't be counted in your water consumption same with black tea but herbal tea is ok. I usually don't count coffee. I don't think sweetened or not has anything to do with it. Your water gets mixed with anything else in your stomach it's not like it has to be pure to get the benefit when your body processes it.
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    Coffee and tea are diuretics which means they make your body get rid of the water it already has. I personally only count water as water. You can count whatever you like but to me, counting coffee and tea or anything else besides water, is just cheating yourself. :)