Hi! Positive friends wanted please!

Options
I live in Jax FL. I am a professional counselor. I have a 10 yr old daughter. I'm 32. I'd like to make a life style change I can stick with. I have changed my diet but I could use some motivation to exercise on a routine basis. I specify positive friends bc sometimes competition and cruelty can be disguised as tough love but it clearly isn't positive. The end result may become positive but tough love, criticism, & nagging are definitely not positive. Plus if a person has to be nagged or talked into doing something once the oversight ends the behavior stops also. That said I want positive friends who can share tips & lend encouragement as I find my own rhythm.

Replies

• jacocg15
    jacocg15 Posts: 1
    Options
    hi i am new even if we dont have alot in common, we can still support each other and motivate each other towards our goals... feel free to add me if you would like

good luck with your journey!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Oh, isn't that the truth!!! That also goes for people who run around teling you that you look sick....bring some food and tell you that it only has 20 calories but it is cheesecake squares...yes, I know those people too. Oh, and I invite you and anyone else to friend me and we can help each other.
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am am definitely a positive person and think that tough love is so discouraging. welcome and hello. i'm going to add you know if you will accept me. :) I am also 32.
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm here to provide and receive support. It's what this is all about, right? :) Feel free to add me!
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome,You will find great support and motivation.Feel free to add me if you would like.Good Luck.:smile:
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    There isn't a day that I don't wake up with a smile on my face...I love to laugh and be happy! Add me if you'd like...I'll warn u-I'm a MFP junkie.... :happy: I'm always here for ya if u need me.....that goes for anyone else who wants to add me :flowerforyou:
  • nfanning3
    nfanning3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i joined the community today and love what i see! the guidelines are very specific to a people helping people approach and it is refreshing! i am a 32 yr old mom of 3 and am much better and giving support to others than extending myself the same courtesy. i am hoping to change that through my goals and this site. so here's to you and your journey!
  • TheJillJohnson
    TheJillJohnson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Since your a counselor I wanted to tell you of a book that has saved my life with different addictions...the book is called JUMP you can order it at www.jumprecovery.org.

Im starting to use the principals from that book for food!
  • Luvdragonflys4
    Luvdragonflys4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stay positive and motivated. No negativity. I'm here as a friend and supposed as well as all these other peeps... Always remember you can do it.... Happy Sunday
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! I too have to deal with folks saying... "now don't lose to much", or "just this one won't hurt you". I have become a vegetarian, which I NEVER thought would work for me, since I'm a meat-a-saurus, (lol)... and I have soooo many people trying to feed me meat! They say they're scared I can't be healthy with no meat in my diet!
    I am under a doctors care. He is very happy with my results thus far... 51 pounds lost, (14 since finding this wonderful site) cholesterol numbers all in normal range (down from 334), anyway, where was all their helpful concern when I was morbidly obese and on the verge of a heart attack??? I think people want to keep "us" down, because if we can improve our situations, then they could too. Perhaps they are lazy?
    *BettyMargaret jumps down from soapbox*
    Feel free to add me!
  • annalopez98
    Options
    HI I would love to give you some support thru your life changeing expirance.. I can tell you I started my diet & excersice in Nov. and I love my new look but I know if I want to keep it I can't stop dieting and excersiceing.. It's a long proccess but before you know it you'll see results. When I first started, I started with walking videos, and then moved to intance exsercises after compliting the 3mile walk work out video. I can recomend videos by Leslie Sansone " Start Walking 1&2 miles". The video is super easy to fallow, even kids can fallow along. And it works! your more then welcome to add me as your friend, I join with a few freinds.
  • NatashaMichaud
    NatashaMichaud Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! Wow, your story sounds like mine. I'm so excited to meet like minded positive people! :smile: