Pre workout meal before weights?

Options
Samm471
Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
Does anyone know what sort of things you should eat before lifting weights. Keep in mind this would be about 5am in the morning as this is the best time for me to go. I know everyone is different when and what time they go to gym I'm just looking for ideas as to what I should be consuming before I lift weights. Thanks :)

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I workout at 5am and just do C4 preworkout then eat a big breakfast
  • Samm471
    Options
    Sorry what's c4 preworkout? I'm new to all this weight lifting lol I normally do cardio for weight loss but a few people have said to introduce weights aswell as this helps
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I usually hit the gym at around 3PM. I've eaten lunch at around 1PM which gives my food plenty of time to digest.

I take C4 pre-workout and hit the gym. Then I'm out, post-workout I have creatine and a can of tuna for some quick protein.
  • Michael190lbs
    Options
    C4 is a pre workout suppliment that amps up my energy I love it and it really keeps me going. I agree weight training will give your body the ability to burn more calories once you add some more muscle. If you just want to lose weight it really comes down to calorie intake vs energy expended. Most woman I know love lifting weights.. Good luck..
  • Michael190lbs
    Options
    C4 is a pre workout suppliment that amps up my energy I love it and it really keeps me going. I agree weight training will give your body the ability to burn more calories once you add some more muscle. If you just want to lose weight it really comes down to calorie intake vs energy expended. Most woman I know love lifting weights.. Good luck..
  • Samm471
    Options
    Thank you I'm sure I will get there in time :)
  • mora982
    mora982 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I eat a fruit usually an apple, I think you can have a whole wheat toast or oatmeal with a banana or fruit smoothie with Greek yogurt!!
  • Samm471
    Options
    Thanks mora982 :)
  • DanPonting
    DanPonting Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A balanced meal of protein, carbs, fats, and veg.

Typically for me at the minute is 200g chicken, 100g broccoli, 50g oats, added 20tbsp peanut butter.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5 am so I can be in the gym by 5:30 ... I always do my cardio first (5-6 times a week) and twice a week, I work with a trainer on weights. I typically make extra coffee each morning so I can set a cup or two aside for the following morning when I mix the cold coffee with my vanilla protein powder. I drink my "coffee protein" first before dressing for the gym. The caffeine and protein starts working by the time I get to the bym and helps my muscles warm up quicker and the protein gives me the boost I need for my workout. I have NEVER been able to eat food before a workout. It makes me sick.