failure :( help

Options
lilz88
lilz88 Posts: 11 Member
I have fallen off my great weight loss journey and was doing so well...but after a few bad days and a lot of negativity around me I found it hard to stay focused I don't have a lot of friends outside work so hard to talk about things..so turned to comfort eat...just feel so dissapointed in myself...any tips on how I can curb them temptations when feeling so low...lost my omph as you call it xxx

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    {{{{{ hugs }}}}}

Exercise has the added benefit of being a natural antidepressant.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Hey, go thru the MFP blog section. There are several great articles there that should help and re-inspire you! They did for me.
  • fieldsey2014
    fieldsey2014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are most definitely not alone. These things happen to all of us. I think the first step to accept what has happened - dwelling on what you have eaten but shouldn't just adds to the negativity. The next is to live right in this moment. When you feel low and feel the urge to eat think about how you will feel when you are eating it and, more importantly, how you will feel after it before it even enters your mouth. Hopefully thinking mindfully about what you are about to eat will help and then that feeling of success - that you made the right choice - will bring back your 'oomph'. Good luck to you x
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'd take a look at the confessions thread- it's full of very caring and smart people willing to listen :)
  • AmandaPE1021
    AmandaPE1021 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    protein. I know that's like the answer to everything but it helps you stay full. Or eat some raw vegetables. Low in calories but it gives your mouth something to do. My go to solution is to get on youtube and watch my 600 pound life or supersize vs superskinny. It makes me feel like if I eat badly that "fat" person on the screen will be me. and then im totally disgusted by all food for the moment lol. hope this helps.
  • GymBunnySally
    GymBunnySally Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wipe the slate clean and plan positively for tomorrow; what will you have for breakfast; what do you need to prepare for work? Visualize your food diary for tomorrow so that when you get up it really will be a fresh start.
    Everyone has the same struggles!
  • GWehsling
    GWehsling Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You're not a failure. A failure would have walked away long ago. That you are back here, telling us how it is and letting us know you are going to give it another go, that's not failure, that's resilience and strength and it tells us, your very broad and accepting audience, that you have in you what you need to complete this journey.

You had some bad days, everybody does. You made a few bad calls, no crimes there I can see. Get back into it, start again or keep chipping away, however you do it, just have another go and let us know how we can help.
  • lilz88
    Options
    Thank you everyone will take everyone's lovely advice on board and will Deffo get back on track...Thanks for taking the time to reply xx :)
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ THIS! Nicely said @gwehsling.

OP, only YOU have the power to change your thinking right now. Please don't let yourself down. You need to forgive yourself for falling off the wagon, put it behind you, and get yourself back on track. Look at all the encouragement you have received so far on this thread!
  • lilz88
    Options
    I no I wasn't sure I was going to get 1 reply let alone all these nice comments and Thank everyone for being so nice and supportive and will Deffo put my 100% back into it tomorrow ☺