Bingeing

Options
Does anyone know of some sure fire ways to avoid bingeing? Typically, anything sweet and full of carbs can serve as a trigger for me...

Replies

• t1981
    t1981 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you but late night bnging has always been my proble. If I go to bed at a decent hour that always helps. Also find if I let myself get too hungry, or wait too long between eating (for me I have to eat every 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours) I end up binging.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    When I feel like I "need" my sweets I have some.... but just a bite or two! It seems to keep me from eating the entire pan of peanut butter squares =)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    So far avoidance. I know certain places and situations trigger it for me so I avoid those. Sometimes if it is at home I will try a hand full of carrots or something and if it doesn't work I drink 24 ounces of water then brush my teeth.
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    Honestly, diet soda is my binge savior. I fill up on the carbonation and it makes me feel like I'm getting my sweets. Having a bite or two works if you feel like you can control it. Sugar-free jello and jello instant pudding make for great low-calorie sweets indulgences. You can also think of the flavors you usually crave and try to find a low-calorie recipe for something similar.
  • leah947
    leah947 Posts: 2
    Options
    When I feel like something sweet I take a tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter, put a splash of Lite Whipped Cream on it and lick it right off the spoon. Not only does it satisfy my sweet tooth, but the protein helps keep me full so I don't binge on anything else.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    When I feel like something sweet I take a tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter, put a splash of Lite Whipped Cream on it and lick it right off the spoon. Not only does it satisfy my sweet tooth, but the protein helps keep me full so I don't binge on anything else.

Sounds good!!! *runs off to get a tablespoon of almond butter*
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I try to not deprive myself of anything. I satisfy my cravings by making diet muffins, fat free, Icecream etc. Eating healthy most of the time is the best to do. Still it has happened ocasionally so I don't sweat it too long. There's always a new day. I have to keep watch of spreading my calories through the day. If at night time I'm hungry I'll easily go over and stop caring. Since I had my episode a couple of weeks ago I felt so badly bloated the next day that it has greatly discouraged me from letting it happen again.
  • WJLDLL
    WJLDLL Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The next time you are craving something sweet try Kashi Go Lean Crisp toasted berry crumble. It is sweet yet other than dried cranberries and blueberries I do not see sugar in the mix. The label is amazing with only 3.5 g fat and 8 g fiber along with 9g of protein it is a perfect snack. The cereal is clusters and nuggets so it can be eaten like a snack. 1/2 serving should be plenty to satisty your sweettooth and fill that little hunger crack for about 90 cals. A sprinkle of this cereal in yogurt is fabulous too. Tastes more like a parfait. Also, you could distract yourself by going for a walk when you feel those binges coming on. Nothing like the great outdoors and doing something great for yourself to help the binges subside. Good luck and enjoy the process of getting to your goal. You can do it! Take it one day at a time and sometimes one minute at a time. You will get there!