Help! Alcohol whilst dieting?

AnnaMakepeace106
AnnaMakepeace106 Posts: 12 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm meant to be going for a night out on Friday with my girls. I've been good so far sticking to my low calorie diet but just wondered if anyone had any tips on alcoholic drinks I could have that would have as little impact on my diet as possible?

I've been recommended vodka lime and soda but don't want it to put all my hard work to waste!

Thank you in advance

Replies

• tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    I eat less most days, so that I can eat more when I go out with my wife/friends.
  • AnnaMakepeace106
    Thanks Tdatsenko! That was my plan too, thing is I'm not actually going for food it's just drinks. Was wondering if someone could recommend a low calorific drink.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    I drink Miller Lite (it's 96 calories). If you don't like beer, vodka lime with soda sounds like a good choice.
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    No problem. Try: http://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • AnnaMakepeace106
    Just had a look, really helpful Tdatsenko! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction haha!
  • nickycat73
    nickycat73 Posts: 61 Member
    I usually eat a little lighter that day as well.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Vodka and diet coke or gin and slimline tonic are 55 calories for a single shot. Lime cordial actually has more calories so your vodka lime and soda will be around 75 cals.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    When i was actively trying to lose weight, I just had to drink less. This generally meant that I didn't really drink during the week knowing that my weekend celebrating would dip into my overall deficit. I never wiped out a complete weeks worth of deficit...you'd be hard pressed to do so..but you do have to realize that even with proper planning it is likely you are going to exceed your calorie targets with a night on the town...this will dip into your overall calorie deficit and thus will have an impact on your progress. If it's more or less an occasional kind of thing, it's really not going to have much impact in the grand scheme of things...but I was always a weekend party guy and I'm sure I could have lost weight a bit more quickly had I abstained more...but I still lost all of my weight.

When I was losing, basically I would eat pretty light on Saturday...decent breakfast because I usually worked out Saturday mornings and usually nothing but a garden salad for lunch and some kind of grilled protein with veg for dinner. That gave me some extra calories to play with for my alcohol, but even then I was over most of the time.

In maintenance I have a lot more leeway.

• juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Gin and tonic with a splash of cranberry.
  • Acutabuvtherest
    Acutabuvtherest Posts: 4 Member
    Yes I drink vodka and diet tonic with fresh lime garnish. It's hardly any calories in that. Whn u start adding fruity drinks that's whn the sugar comes in.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    I'm boring. I don't drink. Saves me loads of calories. I drink bitter lemon when I go out. Yummy!
This discussion has been closed.