Introduction...Moving on from Lurking

Options
egard
egard Posts: 6 Member
Hi all.
I have been using MFP for a little over a month and have been addicted to the food log and excercise logging. I have started to browse around in the message boards and am truly inspired by the stories and watching the progress!

I finally decided to come out of Lurking status and make myself known, find a few supporters who have similar goals, set backs, etc....
So here goes my story (or your turn to hit BACK and find something more interesting!!):

I have been up and down in my weight for years. I am a 38 year old who, like many others, started experiencing more issues with weight after having children (darn that breast feeding that lets you eat whatever you want and still lose weight!). The lowest weight I have been at since having children is 148. My highest was 200, about 1.5 months ago. That number was a slap in the face to me personally, and my start of this journey to get healthier for me.

I work full time, and all the time. I work way too many hours! I travel for work, both in and out of the wonderful state of WI. It is exhausting, and if anyone else travels for work, you know what you eat. Fast food. Junk Food. Quick food. Anything that is handy. And here is WI, many small towns only have bars.... so bar burgers it is! Not the healthiest as you can imagine!

I want to get healthier, not only for me (well, mostly, cuz IT IS ALL ABOUT ME) but also for my kids. My daughter is at the age where image is going to become an issue, and I want to be able to positively portray that eating heathy and exercise is the healthy way to live. But really, its all about me!! (kinda).

I have decided to select mini goals (first one has been met) and progress through this journey that way, rather than a bottom number and hit a frustration level. I could hang out here for as long as it takes to where I feel healthy and look darn good (oh, approximately 140# - LOL). I currently walk for exercise but within the next few weeks will be progressing up to jogging, as my real ultimate goal is to do a 5K to start - to run it. I will be starting the Couch to 5K in the future.

Anyway, that is a bit of me.
Thanks for allowing me to lurk, and for reading your inspiring stories. I have been SO impressed!!

Will see you on the boards.

Replies

• Terriberry
    Terriberry Posts: 100
    Options
    You've made the right decision. Congratulations. I love this site as well. The support and motivation is awesome. I have been on MFP since late November 2010. I'm about 1/4 of the way to my ultimate goal. I know the road can and will get bumpy but hey, that's life, right? Good luck in your journey and feel free to add me.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Great Introduction... Welcome and good Luck on your journey!!!
  • binglebell
    binglebell Posts: 29
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on your achievement so far, keep up the good work! :smile: