A great way to motivate yourself!

Options
If you can afford it, invest in a sleek new pair of sneaks. I'm cheap, so I'd been using a crappy old pair (probably bought them about five or six years ago) and they were killing my feet.

Now that cardio workouts are a daily part of my life, I picked up a sweet pair of Nike Air Maxes <sic?> They are incredibly light and comfy, excellent cushioning and arch support, and they look so *cool.*

It is nerdy how much I like these shoes. Just looking at them inspires me to get my feet moving.

Replies

• filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    If you can afford it, invest in a sleek new pair of sneaks. I'm cheap, so I'd been using a crappy old pair (probably bought them about five or six years ago) and they were killing my feet.

Now that cardio workouts are a daily part of my life, I picked up a sweet pair of Nike Air Maxes <sic?> They are incredibly light and comfy, excellent cushioning and arch support, and they look so *cool.*

It is nerdy how much I like these shoes. Just looking at them inspires me to get my feet moving.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I bought a new pair of shoes about 2 months ago that cost over $100! It is totally motivating not to waste that money!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    lol You guys should see my ratty old things. I keep telling myself i need to buy a nice comfy one with good support. Will I ever get there...hmm....soon I hope. I almost tripped myself on the treadmill because the sole in the front was rippping off. hahaha:laugh:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    My aerobics instructor said that we should replace our shoes every 4 months if we are working out everyday. If this is true I am long over due. Getting a new workout outfit also helps me. I think I take my workouts more seriously when have myself looking altogether.
  • ksukaro
    ksukaro Posts: 29
    Options
    I agree buying new shoes always inspires me to put them to good use!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of New Balance and it makes a big difference. A little suggestion. Buy your shoes when your feet are tired. It makes a huge difference.
  • dulceluva
    Options
    'tired' as in swollen and towards the end of the day when your feet are probably a little bigger :wink:
  • filergirl
    Options
    lol You guys should see my ratty old things. I keep telling myself i need to buy a nice comfy one with good support. Will I ever get there...hmm....soon I hope. I almost tripped myself on the treadmill because the sole in the front was rippping off. hahaha:laugh:

Oh man. You sound like me. I almost fell off the treadmill the other day. We'd make a great workout team.
  • dulceluva
    Options

Oh man. You sound like me. I almost fell off the treadmill the other day. We'd make a great workout team.

Yea. I bet the other people working out beside me are probably wondering why this girl keeps giggling to herself. Uhm, yea, cuz I am about to fall flat on my face in like 2 seconds and I am surprised I managed to grab onto something in time (this time). :tongue:
  • jdaniels
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Curves legging toning Tennis Shoes. I love them and I can really feel the difference when i go walking. It has really motivated me to walk more.

Plus don't we all deserve a new pair of shoes to go along with our new lifestyles!!!!
  • filergirl
    Options
    I feel really thankful, actually. :) Whenever I am able to buy something nice.
  • filergirl
    Options

Yea. I bet the other people working out beside me are probably wondering why this girl keeps giggling to herself. Uhm, yea, cuz I am about to fall flat on my face in like 2 seconds and I am surprised I managed to grab onto something in time (this time). :tongue:

Get this: I had been jogging my butt off for 20 minutes. I decide to walk out the last 10 mins. as I am dying for some reason. As soon as I slow down the treadmill, my boyfriend walks in, and for some reason I felt shy so I didn't look at him. He walked over to say hello, and when I glanced up at him, it was as if my feet forgot I'd slowed down, and I stumbled and ended up sliding to the end and nearly falling right off, in the process huffing and puffing as I regained my balance. God I'm smooth. I've been dating this guy for six months and still the sight of him in a tight t-shirt turns me into a bumbling fool.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm due for a new pair. I have to wait til my sport orthotics come in. Last time I used the eliptical, I was sore in all the wrong places, which is a sure sign I need to go shopping.
  • Kaelyn
    Kaelyn Posts: 8
    Options
    ok, I've tried the new shoe, new outfit thing - DID NOT WORK! Well wait, it worked for like a week, but now what????
  • adelespears
    Options
    haha, I'm totally not even using my OWN shoes. My tennis shoes were shot, and all I have are vans and mary jane type shoes, so until I can afford new ones, I'm in my roommate's sneakers that she doesn't wear anymore. I can't wait until I get new tennis shoes, it'll be awesome