Day dreaming about eating junk food !!

Options
This is a little embarrressing problem, i havent told anyone about, for some reason i sometimes daydream about eating, chocolate or my fav chips and dip, i can litteraly taste them have even caught myself dribbling omg. The cravings can get to the point where i eventually have to go and eat them or i strat getting grouchy. it doesnt happen a lot, but it does destroy my good eating rythem and can take a few days to get back in control. It hasnt been happening as much lately thank gooddness,as i have built a treat day into my weekly plan, i actually missed it for three weeks but today it seems to be happening again does anyone else have this problem ? and what do you do to get rid of the cravings? i have never talked about this as i thought it only happened to fat people, then i realised i am fat !!

Replies

• beckusjane
    beckusjane Posts: 112
    Options
    I have done this in the past: If I absolutely can not get past the thoughts of wanting something sweet, I will go to the candy machine at work and purchase some M&Ms. I will allow myself to have a few then I will offer the rest to my coworkers. There is ALWAYS someone who is willin to take them off my hands!!LOL. Hope it helps:) Good luck.
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i think we have all done that. i am a chocolate daydreamer. lol look for low 100 calorie packs that does help curb the craving. or just go for a walk and then you feel better afterwards.
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    This may sound radical, but it worked for me. I used to drink down two or three cans of soda a day. Diet, regular, you name it. The company where I work provides them for free for all the employees, making it even harder to quit. But I never have cravings anymore, and while I can practically guarantee you that I was addicted (to at least the caffeine in them), I have no worries. I use my own bit of psychological imagery. I envision them as cans of poison. And really and truly, I believe that for me, those cans of poison may not kill me right away, but they would derail me from my goal, which is to be as healthy as I can. And the failure to reach my goal is ill-health and perhaps even a premature death. I also look upon things like pizza and breads, to a lesser degree perhaps, as very toxic for me, at least right now, while I attempt to regain control over my diet. This basic psychological approach, integrated with seeking out good nourishing food, exercise opportunities, positive reinforcement for myself, and plenty of water, has worked for me, The bad habits I had are now being replaced with good ones. And the psychology evolves too. You become less concerned about looking at certain things as poison, and more towards just not even giving them consideration (no daydreaming of them). Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck and wishing you all the best!
  • goldenbutterfly
    Options
    cool thank you all!!!!!!!!!!! i think some of it is habitt your right it is poison and the chemicals in this food are mainly there to keep me comming back for more