Some Success. Before and After Pics inside

Options
john60644
john60644 Posts: 18 Member
Hi, everyone.
John Here, so far I've lost about 77lbs,when I started at 515lbs Dec 28, 2014.
lately I have stopped drinking smoothies. I have been eating healthier. I cut all sugars out, except once a week. I started eating lean chicken breast grilled on my George foreman grill for protein and I usually have some steamed veggies and to bulk out my meals I'll have a cup of so of Pinto beans cooked with seasonings and very little salt. I started eating this way on May 4,2015. I feel fuller with the meals and almost eliminated craving as I now eat food instead of just drinking green smoothies all the time, since eating this way I have lost 13 lbs after having plateaued on the smoothies. I have a long journey ahead of me but I realize this won't happen over nite. I'll keep u posted.
Take care,
john

o4yrlg21x1uk.jpg
hes6moekk9uz.jpg
gbde9lz4hvme.jpg
6xc2sibo6grn.jpg

Replies

• Kmedeiros83
    Kmedeiros83 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! Great job man! Keep up the good work. This doesn't happen overnight, just keep at it and take it one step at a time.
  • blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! I will keep in mind about the smoothies as I have been at a stand still myself I make my smoothies with 1/2 c strawberries, 1/2 c blueberries, 1/2 c cantaloupe, and 1/2 c greek yogurt sometimes changing my fruits up a little but I have been wondering if this is hindering my results. You're looking good keep up the hard work! Take care!!
  • buckaroomama217
    buckaroomama217 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you got this!
  • rainybblady
    rainybblady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    John, you are looking fantastic! You are less "wide" in your second picture!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    dat progress man keep it up
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic job!! I have a 160 lbs to lose myself, so I understand how tough it can be with such a long road in front of you. But I am so impressed with your progress and dedication!!! Keep it up John! Great work and you can definitely see a change in your pictures! :)
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great work John! You are right - it's a marathon. But you've proven you can do it.
  • jpnotler
    jpnotler Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats, you look fantastic, keep up good work.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job man!!!
  • john60644
    john60644 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement, you guys are golden.
  • PattiWalling
    PattiWalling Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job, John! Fantastic that you changed up and now are seeing the scale move again. Every once in a while I have to take a look at what I'm doing and try to change things again. That seems to be the way it works. Kudos to you for eating your nutrition instead of drinking it! It's amazing how much more full and satisfied you can feel. It takes a lot of preparation for sure, but is so worth it. Congratulations on nearly 6 months of success!! Call on me anytime you need encouragement!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    This made me smile.keep up the great work!

• georgeous66
    georgeous66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep up the commitment! ;)
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You should be extremely proud... Great work, such a difference, well done mate!
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!
  • Greenkat57
    Greenkat57 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    WOW John! You are really an inspiration! I had over 150 pounds to lose...I have lost almost 40 with the help of MFP & following my dieticians recommendations. I, too, learned that eating protein is the way to go...the smoothies really are not helpful like I thought they would be! In fact, I avoid liquid calories like the plaque...they usually have a lot of carbs & start me craving 'bad' stuff. and I'm not here just to lose weight. I want to feel good by eating healthy. Feel free to friend me if you want a buddy for continued support!
  • playadelcarmen2
    playadelcarmen2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the good work, you deserve it!
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Half the battle is starting....keep up the great work!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're doing great!
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I see a huge difference!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!