Polar models

Options
Hey -
I'm looking to buy my first HRM in order to really target my HIIT workouts. I'm toying between the Polar FT4 or FT7. Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks!

Replies

• tllincoln
    tllincoln Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT4. I really love it, but it quit picking up my HR. I've tried everything, more moisture on the chest strap, gel, changing the battery. It also chafes me really bad in the center of my chest. If it wasn't for that I'd use it all the time. I bought a fitbit charge HR and it works just fine and tracks your sleep. I wore it and the polar at the same time and both calories and hr were similar. It's a fun little gadget. I'll be asking for the polar FT7 for Christmas, for now I'm sticking with the fitbit. Hope that helps.
  • thebzax89
    thebzax89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Interesting - thank you! That's good to know about the fitbit having similar readings, as for some reason I've always been a bit wary of them.
  • tllincoln
    tllincoln Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thebzax89 wrote: »
    Interesting - thank you! That's good to know about the fitbit having similar readings, as for some reason I've always been a bit wary of them.

The HR and calories were only off by about 5.. The mileage on my fitbit when I run is always less than the map my run app on my phone that I use when running. But the calories on the fitbit are more accurate than the map my run app.. The polar FT4 doesn't track mileage so if you want that for running that's not an option.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Neither. HRMs do not accurately calculate intervals ... they only approach accurate for steady state cardio. The Charge is inaccurate tracking exercise HR during independent testing.