does anyone else get bellyache after eating a meal!!!

Options
hi was wandering if anyone else got belly ache after eating a meal ... its a resonally sized meal to ...small if anything!! ever since i cut my calories dwn , think i have shrunk my belly and after i eat am in pain!! anything i can do to stop this!

Replies

• ms_debbieg
    ms_debbieg Posts: 34
    Options
    I did at first. I have a really bad habit of eating too fast. I am trying to eat half my meal then put my fork down and just let my food settle. It has certainly helped when I make myself do that.

Good Luck on your progress!!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating small throughout the day instead of having 3 "meals." I have also been taking Papaya Enzyme supplements after meals to help digestion. It has helped me with acid reflux/heartburn. It may help you, too.

Here is some more info.: http://www.quality-nutritional-supplements.com/benefits-of-papaya-enzymes.html

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating small throughout the day instead of having 3 "meals." I have also been taking Papaya Enzyme supplements after meals to help digestion. It has helped me with acid reflux/heartburn. It may help you, too.

Here is some more info.: http://www.quality-nutritional-supplements.com/benefits-of-papaya-enzymes.html

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    eat slower and stop eating when you start to feel full :)
  • mymasterskitten
    Options
    i know if i actually eat too little it causes my acid reflux to act up, and then anytime i eat anything my stomach will hurt. sometimes drinking lots of water and an occasional antacid helps for me.
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    the only thing I've noticed that gives me a tummy ache is Beef. I don't know what it is, but I makes me feel like I swallowed thw whole cow, and any time I eat beef, I can be under my calories, be exercised and done everything that I normally do, and gain a pound. I've stopped eatting it regularly and only eat beef on my cheat days, and even then sometimes beef is not worth it!!!
  • erinnicolette
    Options
    I find myself feeling fuller when I do that too. First, I'll eat 1/2 of my meal and half my drink. Research shows that it takes 20 minutes for our stomach to tell our brain that we are full, so I wait about 10 minutes, go back to my meal, eat the other half fof my meal, and drink the rest of my drink. Full every time, but not too full. I used to feel that way too- and I do still sometimes. It's all about learning your new limit now that you've lost some weight and you aren't eating as much.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It's because your belly has shrunk. you might still be eating too much. Now when I eat even a full sandwichI get a bellyache. I only feel better when I do an easy elliptical workout for 15min after.
  • cindosaur
    cindosaur Posts: 2
    Options
    It depends on what I eat. I ate Long John SIlvers chicken plank and fries one day after not eating fast food for three weeks, and I had a severe reaction to it. I felt like I ate a brick, and my stomach was upset for several hours.