Summer Staple Menu items?

Options
Martha_VH
Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
What kind of items are a staple in your summer diet? Especially tasty and healthy things...

Mine is Crystal Light Peach Tea
And Frozen yogurt with a little grilled pineapple :)

Replies

• IndianaAnna
    IndianaAnna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been buying and eating strawberries like crazy now that they're in season. Can't wait for raspberries to start. I'm planning on buying lots of fresh local produce at the farmers market this year.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    watermelon
    yogurt and fruit chilled soups (basically fruit and some yogurt blended with some vanilla extract... my kiddos love this!)
    chilled pasta salads
  • biancamirella
    biancamirella Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and fresh shrimp
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    frozen grapes! <3
  • m12brown
    m12brown Posts: 51
    Options
    I love fresh tomatoes from the garden! They are very tasty with a little salt and pepper or with cottage cheese. Can't wait for my garden to produce! In the mean time, I will buy from the Farmer's Market.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I like to take a handful of grape tomatos and some green pepper, a couple black olives and slice them all up and mix them with cottage cheese, then add a bit of italian seasoning. I call it Italian cottage cheese salad.
  • AllyV0621
    AllyV0621 Posts: 81
    Options
    POPSICLES!!!!!

not exactly healthy, but there are many varieties that are low cal
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fresh pineapple, strawberries (basically any berry for that matter), and light summer salads with feta cheese and mandarin oranges!