just getting started, I need motivation please

Options
I'm just getting started, I need motivation please.

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    So motivation can only provide the spark for you to do something. It might carry you for a day, a week, a month...but it won't carry you forever.

You have to move past just being motivated to do something and you actually have to step up and do it. Set a workout schedule and do it. Once it is set, there is no going back on it. Friends want to hang out while you're supposed to work out? They can wait. Family wants you to visit? They can wait. No matter what, it gets done.

Don't wait around for more information about what to do, how to do it, when to do it. Get out there and start walking. Drink water. Sleep well. Start with the little things and then continue to learn.
  • Alphabet929
    Alphabet929 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? Feel free to add me if you want. Be glad to help all I can
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you meant to say motivation or support. Nobody else can really supply you with motivation. That being said, if you meant motivation, I didn't begin with a tremendous amount of it but motivation can be built over time. You start making some better choices, you log your food religiously, you begin to feel pretty proud of yourself, you make some more good choices, you start seeing a little in the way of results... bam! Motivation! If it's support you're after, browse around the forums and look for posters you enjoy or share something in common with. Send them a short note and build a little circle of friends with whom you can offer mutual support. This is a great site and really can help get you to your goal :)
  • kellyzita4
    kellyzita4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first steps to being healthier! You can totally do this - one day at a time. =-)

You'll find that (for the most part), the MFP community is very supportive and helpful. And there will always be at least one other person who's in the same boat as you, so don't worry about asking for help if you need it.

Best of luck with your efforts!