Non-Muscle Building Cardio?

Options
What's the most effective and fat-burning cardio that doesnt build up that much muscle in your calves/thighs? I used to run a lot and that really built up my thighs and then I started jumproping which enlarged my calves a lot. I've heard swimming doesn't as much. What's the most effective one??

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You won't build any appreciable muscle if your goal is to lose fat. Just do the cardio you like to do.

If you're eating at maintainance you might build some. You could try the recumbent bike or elliptical.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    if you don't kick then swimming would work. Go low impact, low incline, elliptical...they burn a lot of calories because its arms+legs too.
  • joe3052
    joe3052 Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Proper diet and pure cardio will give you a lean body with no muscle. However make sure your NOT doing any sprinting or steep incline running. Notice marathon runners are very skinny with no fat or muscle.

As far as swimming. I used to be a swimmer and it is true if you don't use your legs it can be very affective. However I did manage to get a lot of definition in the upper body area, especially in the shoulder region.

I guess it depends on what kinds of body your looking for.