New

tiddolski
tiddolski Posts: 32 Member
Hi I'm 23, I joined my fitness pal since 2011, but i never stuck to it. Last year I discovered I had pre diabetes, high cholesterol & a thyroid problem making it easy to put on weight but harder to lose it. Since then I have lost 13kg and have been able to reverse the effects of the first 2 problems. I'm currently trying my fitness pal again to try and start losing weight again (been stuck in a rut for months). But I only have one friend on here so I'm looking for some more people to help support me.

Replies

• Kmedeiros83
    Kmedeiros83 Posts: 86 Member
    Hey! Keep your chin up. Anything is possible with some will power and perseverance!
  • tiddolski
    edited May 2015
    Thanks, :smile: I'm not unhappy about this, I'm actually pretty happy that I don't have some more serious health issues. I just feel like I lost myself underneath all this weight a little bit. I don't like not being able to find clothes that look good in stores, or having people make jokes at me about being overweight.
    I want to change to feel good about myself.
  • Kmedeiros83
    Kmedeiros83 Posts: 86 Member
    Awesome, even better! I too want to fit into nicer looking clothes and that's my motivation. Otherwise I'm pretty healthy, but have been on the bigger side for far too many years. The older I get the harder it is to come off....so it needs to be dealt with now.
  • tiddolski
    Good motivation :) I ended up giving away all but 2 pairs of jeans. They are my next goal jeans lol. :)
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Add
  • TheDoctor2250
    TheDoctor2250 Posts: 21 Member
    Added you. And stay motivated and positive. You will get through this rut.