Starting Body beast May 27-women

Options
kyunda
kyunda Posts: 340 Member
hey I'm starting my first round of body beast Monday may 27 any women currently doing it or starting next week? Would love to have some body beast friends!!!

Replies

• arenae42
    arenae42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd to last week and I'm going to do another round when I get back from vacation in June! I love it!
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I do BodyBeast workouts quite regularly, but I mix it up with other stuff. Love the Beast!!
  • kyunda
    Options
    What type of equipment are you using? I'm wondering if I need to buy more stuff. I have the blow flex adjustable weights and a stability ball. I'm thinking I may need to get a bench and I know I'm going to need a chin up bar and maybe a ex curl.
  • ldobs01
    ldobs01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started Body Beast today! I also do aerial silks and want to build muscle to help me progress with that. How do folks log it in exercise? My arms feel like they're going to fall off.
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a set of dumbbells and a bench. You might find it tricky with the adjustable weights as you need to change weights fast in between sets. You might need to pause the workout.

I don't log my exercise on here.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I did Body Beast from January - April and loved it and my results. I'm doing a Cathe Friedrich series now, but I'm planning on doing another round of Body Beast after this.

Good luck everyone! :)
  • ltrack
    ltrack Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just finished my third day of Body Beast!

Positives:
    The instructor makes me laugh with his goofy sayings.
    Sore daily.

Negatives:
    Not used to having to use this much equipment! (just finished Insanity so I'm used to a non-cluttered workout space)
    Don't have an EZ bar which looks like it would be a worthwhile investment eventually.
    I have adjustable weights which are a bit of a pain so I have to run around changing them and pausing the video a lot - but I suppose this works in a bit of cardio :p

I'll be incorporating Insanity in a couple times a week for some additional cardio/torture.
  • kyunda
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I've been on Craiglist all week looking for equipment. Founds so good deals but to late. I'm going to get the ez curl bar, weights and a bench. I don't mind pausing to adjust my weights at the beginning. I bought a pull/chin up bar yesterday!

I normally log my workouts as cardio and input the carlories that I burn. Not sure if it's right but it's how I do it.
  • kyunda
    Options
    I did clx it's a good workout you'll enjoy it.
    lauranorr wrote: »
    I'm doing Chalean extreme right now, about to start the push phase. After that is lean phase and as a reward when I finish Chalean extreme, I was thinking about body beast! I'll have to keep an eye on you and your progress to see what I'm in for. :) good luck!

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Are you starting this today? Mine will be here in a couple of days. Just wondering if this is still a live forum...
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second round of BB. I love it and highly recommend it. :smiley: My first round was very successful. I was able to reduce my body fat percentage from 30.1% to 23.4 % from start to finish. Round 2 started April 20th.

I keep my dumbbells and my stability ball tucked away in a corner where they are out of the way but easily accessible when I work out. I have used a resistance band until recently when I got a pull up bar (the kind that mounts in a doorway). I found it's just a matter of getting into a groove with all the "stuff" necessary to do the program. You won't need a dozen sets of dumbbells to start. Just a decent variety. You'll have to add bigger weights as you get stronger of course, but you have time.

Btw, I log it as cardio as well so it calculates in my diary, as well. If you put it under strength training it won't show up.
  • kyunda
    Options
    Yes I started Monday!! Come on and join us!!
    gia07 wrote: »
    Are you starting this today? Mine will be here in a couple of days. Just wondering if this is still a live forum...

• marias0922
    marias0922 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow!
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I started my first round yesterday (5/31) and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't as sore as I thought I'd be when I woke up, but it's after noon now and I'm definitely starting to feel the after effects. Legs tonight...excited to see the results of this program! :smile:
  • kyunda
    Options
    I'm a couple days behind due to just not feeling well with an ear infection. But I'm getting ready to do build shoulders!