Help , I gorged on chocolate last night !

Options
I have been so dedicated to getting fit and healthy and feel amazing, then last night ate an extra 1500 calories in chocolate and biscuits, feel sluggish and sickly this morning,n, there is no way I want all my weight to go back on, should I chalk it up as one bad day and start again or cut back my calories over the next few days ?

Replies

• kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'd chalk it up to one bad day, get back to your deficit and remember how rubbish you feel today next time the urge to gorge on chocolate surfaces.

I don't know what your cals are (obviously cant drop them too low) but you could also drop 100 cals the next few days, but sometimes that does more harm than good. Don't eat back all your exercise cals this week if your not hungry is another way to bring the def up again safely.
  • tikka29
    tikka29 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks, will go for a long walk today and start afresh x
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. You may be restricting too much...if you want some chocolate, there's nothing wrong with fitting a small portion into your calories in moderation.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Log it and move on. You may be restricting too much...if you want some chocolate, there's nothing wrong with fitting a small portion into your calories in moderation.

This.
  • emmy15rocks
    emmy15rocks Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yeah I wouldn't cut back on calories because that makes you more likely to binge again. Like some of the above posters said, try and fit a little chocolate into your normal calories. If you're getting some then you're less likely to binge than if you cut it out completely.
    Good luck!
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    That is all you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start a new day. We all have those days when we eat too much. I have always believed in everything in moderation. You should be able to add a bit of chocolate so you don't feel deprived!
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »

This.

That
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there is nothing to do.. We're all human and that means we're not perfect. It feels pretty crappy right now, but its not the end of the world or your fitness journey.
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    One Bad Day Won't Hurt You.. Keep Goin!