Petite, high metabolism, kids, school...

Options
Hello there everyone. First off I am 27 with two kids of my own and a stepson. I go to school full time, PTO, practicum, work part time, and still do the cooking and cleaning. I always find myself eating in my car or shoving snacks in my purse. Everyone says im tiny and that they wish they had my problem... Um, no. I've weighed 82-85lbs since high school. I'm 5'2''. I gained 25-40 with pregnancies and lost without trying. I need a plan to stick to, to gain and maintain. I stay very busy. My goal is 25lbs at least. Advice please. Oh and I plan on staying at it in the gym. Thanks!!

Replies

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    weigh and log all foods, set appropriate stats and goals in MFP, and lift some weights!
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Track all of your calories accurately and eat in a surplus. If you are on the go and seem to find it hard to make time to eat then try to eat calorie dense foods at the times you can eat. Nuts are an easy way to get a lot of calories in at once for example. Cooking food with oils can help too. And make sure you're factoring in enough calories to eat back your exercise calories- especially if you do a lot of cardio. Good luck :)
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey you sound like me 8 years ago; aged 25, busy constantly and weighing 83lbs and not feeling good. Do you actually make time to eat meals? What's your current cal intake?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    eat in a 250 per day surplus
    get on a structured lifting program like strong lifts, new rules of lifting for woman, starting strength, etc
    make sure you hit your macros/micors
    get a food scale if you do not have one

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 82lbs would put you EXTREMELY underweight - why would you want to put yourself into that category?? I agree with ndj1979's suggestions!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    sorry - maybe i read that wrong - are you wanting to gain 25lbs?? If so, I still agree with ndj1979's suggestions!
  • MegAmanda12
    MegAmanda12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've always been small. My mother didn't weigh 100lbs until she was in her 30s and pregnant. I would appreciate no negative comments because I AM trying to gain weight. It just doesn't stay on. I am trying to make a meal plan and log every day now that I have a summer break. I am constantly going when it comes to work, school, and kids. So without going into detail, making excuses, or defending myself because I am an adult...I appreciate those who came with helpful advice. Thank you.
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    I've always been small. My mother didn't weigh 100lbs until she was in her 30s and pregnant. I would appreciate no negative comments because I AM trying to gain weight. It just doesn't stay on. I am trying to make a meal plan and log every day now that I have a summer break. I am constantly going when it comes to work, school, and kids. So without going into detail, making excuses, or defending myself because I am an adult...I appreciate those who came with helpful advice. Thank you.

lol that confrontational attitude alone is almost guaranteed to get you some negative feedback :trollface:

good luck, plenty of good advice on MFP
  • MegAmanda12
    MegAmanda12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow this chat is bull. Way to motivate people. Bye
  • FitForL1fe
    Options
    cya
  • bunnypy
    bunnypy Posts: 109 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sorry girl, plan all your meals in the morning and make sure you do eat everything you prepare;
    >For a 5'2 I think you will have to consume around 2500 calories a day to gain weight;
    >Look for high calorie (calorie dense) food, maybe try eating every 2 hours, breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 or 3 snacks;
    >Have things like Mcflurry, peanuts&raisins, chocolate slab, crisps, jelly tots as a snack and maybe make something like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich a snack, depending on what you like, as long as it's high calories and will not get you all full;
    >ALWAYS put spoons and spoooooons of mayonnaise in your supper :p ;
    >Maybe twice a week have takeaways or something, just to boost your calories;
    >It might be difficult to eat like this in the beginning but endurance will get you through these first few days, eventually it will get easier;

All the best!!!!
  • redhaynes
    redhaynes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck Meg. I get the same type of comments from people that want to lose weight. According to doctors, I am at my right weight, but I'd like to put on a few pounds for the curves. I have done it before with cardio and strength "training". I found that the intentional exercise helped maintain my appetite. When I am stressed, I skip meals. The exercise helped keep my stress down. Now, I am using MFP to track my calories. I've added Multi vitamins, ice cream and cake. Muscle milk is also a really good way to add calories and protein.