5' - 5'2" success stories?

Options
Cladf
Cladf Posts: 60 Member
Hey everyone,
As a short woman, I would be so motivated and grateful to hear about any success stories from people of a similar height to me...with over 78lbs to go it's hard to visualise how I'll feel/look at my target weight...being so short I don't hold me weight well at all!
Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• dianaorange
    dianaorange Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    At 5'2" I'm right there with you! 60lbs to go, I'm currently in a 16. Keep up the good work!
  • jazzxdaisy
    jazzxdaisy Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    x
  • fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and really starting to kick this weight loss in gear! I have about 70 lbs to lose and can't wait to be a success story!
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'1" and I've lost 40 lbs over the last 3 years, 60 lbs since 2008. I'm currently 127 lbs and would like to be in the 120-125 lb range. Honestly I had no idea how I would look at this weight, since I had never been this weight as an adult! All of a sudden I'm a size small in everything, pants range from 2 to 6 depending on the brand, when I never thought I'd be smaller than medium or size 8. I thought I'd be skin and bones if I ever dropped below 140 lbs. Not so! :) And I feel wonderful, even my balance is better. I'm much more active, doing things I always wanted to do more of (hiking, kayaking) or never thought I could do (running). I ran a half marathon this past Saturday. Not bad for the girl who was always picked last in gym. ;) Good luck!
  • Cladf
    Options
    jazzxdaisy wrote: »
    hey! I'm 5'2 started at 204lbs and currently at 186lbs (apologies for the rank underwear pictures

Firstly, AMAZING tattoos...! Well done too, you look awesome!
  • jazzxdaisy
    jazzxdaisy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cladf wrote: »
    jazzxdaisy wrote: »
    hey! I'm 5'2 started at 204lbs and currently at 186lbs (apologies for the rank underwear pictures

Firstly, AMAZING tattoos...! Well done too, you look awesome!

thank you! :) (not entirely sure where my post has gone now?! damn app!)
  • Cladf
    Options
    kratschie wrote: »

Ooh thank you - I tried to search but couldn't find anything :) thanks for linking though!
  • scarlettsmom2013
    scarlettsmom2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm just getting started again so no pics yet. I'm 5'1" and currently 152. I'm trying to get to at least 125. I was at that weight about 2 yes ago than baby #3 came along and I've never lost all the weight after that. But I'm determined now! :) Add me if you'd like. And good luck with your weight loss!!
  • tricia78
    tricia78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So I am 5'1" and 36 years old. My starting weight back in July 2014 was 172, this was me at my largest. Almost a year later... yes an entire year I'm at 136. My goal is 125 range. I posted two photos (hope they work/show up). You can clearly see a difference in my face. I have worked very hard and don't ever want to go back to that. That moment when you have to buy smaller clothes is AMAZING!! Can't even tell you the last time I wore a size 6. Anyways love reading everyone's posts.

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'2". Cannot, for some reason, get pictures to post but you could view the ones in my profile. They are all of me at my current weight, about 107.

I've maintained my current weight for going on 5 years. At my heaviest I was around 140-145. The last time I had to lose weight was post-pregnancy in 2011. That's when I found MFP, started logging food and exercise everyday, and the rest is history. I still use MFP in maintenance as I did while I was losing.

Good luck, ladies!
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". Not sure that I'm a success story yet but I've lost 37 pounds so far. I'm exactly halfway to my goal! 74 pounds sounded really huge and scary when I first started but now that I only have 37 pounds left to go it feels more manageable. :)
  • LoeshaElizabeth
    LoeshaElizabeth Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :) im 4ft 11 so a teeny bit shorter than you guys but ive currentpy lost 16lb gone from 140 to 124 since the end of febuary. Im looking to loose another 19lb to put me right in the middle of a healthy bmi. Will put some pics up when im next on a computer :)
  • auvenidapena
    auvenidapena Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5 foot! I have 100 pounds to lose! Stay in there and friend me for support!
  • tikka29
    tikka29 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 2 and have lost 103 lbs, I went from a size 24 and am now a 10-12, I never imagined I would get to this and gave myself small goals along the way, clothes was more an inspiration than the scales, i would buy a new size smaller jeans and top, normally from a charity shop, in case I never fitted into them, I threw my sclaes9o6un2hpm9mp.jpg
    away qmj0uf67zt4l.jpg
    them away and weighed in once a weeks at the chemist. I introduced exercise by walking and getting a Fitbit, now I enjoy workouts. I realise now it's a life journey and not just to reach a goal weight. I still have a bit to lose, and tone up, but my kids now have a more active and happier mum x I hope I can help someone get to goal x
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    70lbs down for a 5ft girl. Started just before my 40th birthday, now maintained for 2 years.

u7yie7npsis2.jpgkd234zozm1g4.jpg

• kratschie
    kratschie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    tikka29 wrote: »
    . I realise now it's a life journey and not just to reach a goal weight. I still have a bit to lose, and tone up, but my kids now have a more active and happier mum x I hope I can help someone get to goal x

Wow! Great job and inspiration for ALL the moms here. You look fabulous.
  • Cladf
    Options
    Everyone looks AMAZING - well done! The transformations are just out of this world! (And thank you everyone for sharing!) x
  • LoeshaElizabeth
    LoeshaElizabeth Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Here are my progress pics so far, this was from loosing 12lb, ive now lost another 4lb but don't have pics. everyone has done so well! I feel silly in comparison haha

enkyinfruzgt.jpg
    998ijel6l58h.jpg
    ciyhmsusqyk5.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!