PSA about sunburn

Options
Guys, with summer nearly upon us I just want to remind you all to take sunburn very seriously. I did not and now I have second degree burns and sun poisoning (including nausea, vomiting, and massive swelling in my legs, knees and ankles.) I have spoken with my doctor and we anticipate a another 7-10 days of painful healing.
Just be smarter than me; wear your SPF, and reapply OFTEN.
If you do get sunburnt, take a cool shower (not cold) and treat your skin with Aloe. Solarcaine is also beneficial. And drink plenty of water.

That is all.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Oh, you poor thing!!! That's terrible. Bad sunburn is brutal, I've not had it as bad as you, but bad enough to blister. I live in Australia, and we don't have an ozone layer apparently, so I burn through 30+
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Ouch, sounds awful, wishing you a fast recovery.

Great reminder to the rest of us, especially as festival season approaches in the UK. Our erratic climate does tend to make people forget to take precautions over here, so we often get caught out when the sun finally does make an appearance.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    thanks for the warning! Here in grey and rainy Belgium, people still often believe that the fastest way to a tan is to get a sunburn first....