Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

eating extra

Hi everyone, this is my third week on MFP, lost 6 pounds up to now but my question is this - im on 1290 cals a day, my exercising is giving me anything between 400 +900 cals a day extra, iv been having around 250- 300 extra out of the exercise ones, is that enough or should I be having more, I haven't been hungry but bit unsure what to do.

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    If you aren't hungry after eating your suggested caloric intake, then don't eat.
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    The numbers sound alright to me for someone my body type or lower. If you eat half back on top of the 1290, it's a reasonable calorie goal for someone my weight. However, it's totally depends on your weight and measurement! Not mine :) MFP will help you calculate it. 1290 is on the low side though, most people here do not recommend to go towards 1200 or lower a day. So we will need more numbers about you to know what is healthy and what is not!
  • staya14
    staya14 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks, my weight now is 11.13, I'm 6 foot 5, do a lot of high intensity classes, swim and go out on my mountain bike, only couple more pounds to my goal, should I up my portion sizes?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    You're losing about two pounds a week. So, what you're doing is fine. If you were regularly losing more than that, then you would need to reassess what you are doing.