Anniversary today ~ need a low fat dessert!

Options
It's mine and my DH's wedding anniversary tonight. I have dinner figured out but I'd love to make him a nice dessert. After I account for dinner I have ~300 calories for dessert. Does anyone have any good ideas? We love chocolate and lemon (not together) but I'm not a huge fan of cooked fruit. If it's raw then I'm all for it. TIA!

Replies

• SkinnyCate
    SkinnyCate Posts: 116
    Options
    Hmmm... you could totally do a baked apple with a scoop of ice cream... orrrr..... OH! Chocolate cover strawberries!! Or anything dipped in chocolate lol... Duuhhhh! :D
  • rachelowow
    rachelowow Posts: 47
    Options
    :smile: I make these dessert nachos, thier really really good. im not sure of the calorie count tho, they have fresh berries, and greek yogourt!! :) hope you like it!

i start with low carb tortillas, and bake them to get them crispy, and season them with cimmaon, and splenda

and then lay them out on a plate top with greek yogourt sweetened with splenda, and top with fresh mixed berries, and drizzle with a little honey.. its delicious!!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and Angel Food Cake??

Or my friend has a recipe for brownies: http://onewomenshealthyrecipes.blogspot.com/

Also, If you have any Hungry Girl cookbooks (or look online) she has some good stuff too :)

Happy Anniversary BTW!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pebbles72
    pebbles72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I make this recipe for cardamom chocolate mousse when I need a treat, its only 235 calories and has real ingredients, no substitutes. It also only takes 15 mins to prepare. http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/534939
    Happy Anniversary :flowerforyou:
  • mrdalton
    mrdalton Posts: 97
    Options
    Try some angel food cake with fresh strawberries. yum
  • agulledge32
    agulledge32 Posts: 17
    Options
    I just found some really cool desserts on a link from facebook, Skinny Mom.

SkinnyPina Colada Cupcakes

1 box Pilsbury Reduced-Sugar Yellow Cake Mix
    1 canned pineapple in juice (20oz and do not drain)

Frosting:
    Cool Whip (Fat free)
    Coconut
    Cherries (optional)

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375. In a medium bowl mix cake mix and pineapple with juice until blended.Pour into lined or sprayed muffin cups (about 3/4 full). Bake for 20-25 min.

To top:
    After cupcakes have cooled top each with cool whip. Sprinkle each cupcake with a little coconut and top with a cherry.

Cupcake without frosting: 94 calories, >1g fat, .5g protein, 20g carbs, 12g sugars. (The recipe did not include what the totals would be with frosting but you could put small amounts of coconut and leave out the cherry and it should make a huge difference.)
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/pineapple-bliss-cupcakes.html

I made these pineapple cupcakes over the weekend and I could not believe how delicious they were. Boyfriend loved them too. I made the icing she has on there too... I'm thinking next time I'll make it into a cake rather than cupcakes. Seems less of a hassle.
  • suniskys
    suniskys Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Some great ideas! I think I'll do the SkinnyPina Colada cupcakes since DH loves pina coladas!
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Bump....for ideas for my anniversary in September:D
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think some fresh fruit delicately dipped in chocolate and with a different kind of chocolate drizzled on top will look elegant and taste delicious and fresh :) Happy Anniversary! :D
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I second the chocolate covered strawberries, or you could make a fondue by melting dark chocolate with some evaporated milk or cream, and serve warm with angel food cake chunks, pretzels and fruit for dipping, very romantic!
    or angelfood cake, strawberries mascerated with balsamic vinegar and a little sugar, or oranges mascerated with lemon juice and sugar, and whipped cream.