my motivation

Options
is dwindelling.
I'm studying for exams right now and all I want to do is eat junk food and get blazing drunk.
But I'm being super disciplined so I'm getting stressed that I'm doing all this dieting and exercising and it's just not getting me anywhere.

:(

sigh.
Where's the ice-cream when you need it?

Replies

• kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    Life is a journey not a destination You are on a journey and life is giving you a roller coaster. Studying for exams are hard. But is getting drunk or eating junk food going to make them easier. No. What you might want to do is give yourself a splurge. After you have finished all your exams, go out to a nice sit down place and have something you like. This might help you keep on your goal.
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    Options
    i agree exams are hard lightened up on yourself and give yourself a treat after them. that way your in control of what your eating and not your stress xx
  • burg24
    burg24 Posts: 2
    Options
    The ice cream is there - but in moderation. Treat yourself during this stressful time but don't sit down with the carton. For no reason I ate half a big bag of Baked Lays yesterday because they were sitting next to me. I feel totally guilty and know it's a huge setback. If my binge can keep you from feeling the same guilt, it's worth it.

Good luck with exams!
  • desiree1979
    Options
    I think you're doing great!! :) Here's why:
    * you're studying to do well and prepare for a bright future
    * thinking before you act
    * asking for help / advice.

Those are all signs of maturity and progress! As kittybitz79 said, induldging in the unhealthy habits won't make the stress go away. However, being a stress eater, I completly understand your position. This compulsion is how I gained 50 lbs. in 6 months - then another 20 over time :(
    I would encourage you to keep your goal in sight and reward yourself with a night on the town with your friends when your exams are over.

Best wishes :)