Favorite Running App

Options
Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering what everyone is using these days for their favorite running app on their smart phone? I've been using Nike+ for eons of years and am considering switching. What would you guys recommend?

Thanks!
Chris

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    *shameless Under Armour plug*

I thoroughly enjoy Under Armour's MapMyRun app. I caught the premium version on sale for $.99!!
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is great...and free for the basic version which is what I use. It gives you time, distance, pace, splits, a map with your route, and calories.
  • CVesta81
    CVesta81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anyone use Runtastic?
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I've settled on Endomondo after starting with iCardio Digifit, then Wahoo Fitness, then MapMyFitness (MapMyRun is basically the same). Of these I liked iCardio Digifit and Endomondo the best. I currently prefer Endomondo almost solely due to the social aspect of it.
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I used to have Garmin on my old phone and I really liked it, I used it when I was doing C25K by Zen Labs. Now I use Nike+ Running and I like it a bit more, mainly because I can sync it with my NTC app and with Google Fit.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Strava. http://www.strava.com/

Strava is focussed on running, cycling, and multisport (triathletes). It has a huge user base; sometimes finding a good place to run nearby is as easy as exploring Strava's "heat map" to see where other people are running. I simply use the free version as I've not found a need to access any premium features.

Strava integrates with Google Fit (and probably Apple stuff too); can feed MFP.

I have a Garmin Forerunner running watch which can feed Strava (I do) and MFP directly (I do) so I've turned off Strava integration with MFP. But I've been running for much longer just using my phone so I like having the consolidated history in Strava.

I originally tried Strava and a number of other apps and had found Strava had about the best battery utilization; that was important to me as I was doing longer rides (cycling) and some apps just drained my phone ridiculously quickly.
  • gemmaw987
    gemmaw987 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used to use Nike but then i found it would stop working on my longer runs. So i switched to Endomondo which seems to be good
  • Zylch
    Zylch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've used Runkeeper & Endomondo but have settled in Runtastic. I like the social aspect and the details it tracks.