Gaining muscle, not loosing weight but need actual pounds off for aerials

Options
Hi,

So I've been working really hard lifting at the gym about 3x weekly and have been drinking protein supplements to help balance me out because I'm also vegan. I can feel my arms bulking up a bit but I'm not loosing any weight and I think I'm maintaining a decent amount of body fat. To help with my aerial performance I need to get the pounds off too. I log my calories and come in under for a deficit.

Not sure what to do at this point. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Replies

• jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Are you under just on intake or under after you take off exercise?
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Standard answer 1: You're not tracking accurately.
    Standard answer 2: You're not tracking accurately.
    Standard answer 3: wait a month for results at your current intake and adjust your diet accordingly
    Standard answer 4: Weigh and measure all your food because you might not be tracking accurately
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm going with standard answer #1, followed by #2. OP, if you aren't losing fat, you likely (okay, more than likely) are not in a deficit.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What about standard information point: you aren't gaining muscle in a defecit unless your a noob or teenage boy or other mad outlier
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    If your not losing weight then you are not eating at a deficit.
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    If your not losing weight then you are not eating at a deficit.
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight.

This is most likely true.

You don't say how long you've been at this, so if it's just been a couple of week it's possible you are at a deficit but are retaining water due to the workouts. The water weight is offsetting fat weight loss. This would also make your arms appear as if you are gaining muscle, but it's really just your muscles retaining water for repair.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What about standard information point: you aren't gaining muscle in a defecit unless your a noob or teenage boy or other mad outlier

Or one of those special cases that swear they're different than everyone else and defy science.
  • ktrchmnd
    ktrchmnd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I will try to tighten up accuracy for intake by measuring and not eyeballing. I used to rely mostly on body weight training then switched to mostly weight lifting a few weeks ago. I did see some performance improvement on stenghty tricks a few days ago so at least there's that. I am fairly new to taking my body seriously so I really appreciate the help.