Basis Peak now integrates with Apple Health - can I use that to sync with myfitness pal?

Options
Hi all,

Yesterday Basis updated their Apple and Android apps to allow integration with Apple Health and Google Health (or whatever the equivalent is called), followed by a firmware update today. I've been using MFP for years and in the past had it syncing with my Fitbit device without issue.

The basis has essentially been a closed system up until now. If I understand it correctly, MFP also intergrates with Apple Health. I have it all (as far as I know) set up so MFP reads and writes to Apple Health, alongside Basis writing to Apple Health. However, there seems to be no indication of anything changing in my calorie burn on MFP.

Is anyone else using the same systems and managed to get them all to play nicely together? If so what settings are you using? I wonder if I've not done something correctly.

Many thanks in advance.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Are you asking if Apple Health will send your Basis burn to MFP? If so, the answer is no.
  • Kayakingtim
    Kayakingtim Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was assuming it would be a two way street... Thanks for clarifying!
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    My apple health sends my burn to MFP although it is not sent to apple health from basis but from another device.
  • asgibson11
    asgibson11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love my Basis Peak and pretty happy w MFP (bummed that it doesn't track micronutrients or sync w Basis). Looking forward to MFP and Basis becoming friends someday.
  • jrmalice
    jrmalice Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Replying and bookmarking... Got my peak two days ago and really enjoying the data dump...
  • 8o8sa
    8o8sa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How about just sending my step count to aid in the calorie burn worked out by MFP?