2»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Better (and more) sex.

/thread

Every love/sex/dating/romance thread related to weight seems to constantly throw out this idea that "looks don't help you get laid/find love/whatever." Every "what's good about losing weight/unexpected weight loss benefits/how has your life changed/whatever" thread lists sex as a perk. Explanations please. Go!

I would think it depends on your starting fitness level and confidence level.

If you start at a low fitness level, hating your own body and become fit and confident, it stands to reason that you'd have more/better sex regardless of your weight.

If you were overweight but fit and confident, sex may never have been a problem.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    EmmieBaby wrote: »
    benefits-of-losing-weight-visalus.jpg

Definitely GERD! I had horrible acid reflux and was on Prilosec constantly, but it completely went away as the weight came off.

I'm not sure about asthma ever being resolved, however. I've had asthma since I was months old, but no major issues as an adult and told everyone it's under control. I just went to an allergy and asthma center the other day for an allergy test, and the doctor decided to test my lung functionality as well. Apparently I've been dealing with chronic constriction for years and learned to adapt to it. He said that people with asthma never actually get rid of asthma, unfortunately. I'm not really sure how losing weight would help (and I was skinny as a kid when the problems were the worst).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,946 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Better (and more) sex.

/thread

Every love/sex/dating/romance thread related to weight seems to constantly throw out this idea that "looks don't help you get laid/find love/whatever." Every "what's good about losing weight/unexpected weight loss benefits/how has your life changed/whatever" thread lists sex as a perk. Explanations please. Go!

We get tired in certain positions, which wouldn't be an issue if we were in better shape and had more stamina.

He also says, in the nicest possible terms, so please no one beat up on him for this, that he loves me very much, but since he's visual, he'd be more desirous of me if I weighed less.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Better (and more) sex.

/thread

Yup ^^^^^^^

• Auntiezozo81
    Auntiezozo81 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks people!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    hi I'm just wondering if people who have lost weight know what the benefits are.. I'm just getting started and struggling a bit with motivation.

Thank you

I look at it a bit differently...losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight is largely a result of living a more healthful lifestyle...doing things that one typically associates with a healthy lifestyle results in all kinds of health benefits...losing weight happens to be one of those results.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    hi I'm just wondering if people who have lost weight know what the benefits are.. I'm just getting started and struggling a bit with motivation.

Thank you

I look at it a bit differently...losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight is largely a result of living a more healthful lifestyle...doing things that one typically associates with a healthy lifestyle results in all kinds of health benefits...losing weight happens to be one of those results.

But you don't have to live a "healthy lifestyle" in order to lose weight. I stopped exercising because of a surgery, and I'm still losing weight doing no more than the occasional walk because I'm focused on calories. Losing weight could be a benefit of doing healthy things, but only because the healthy things are creating a calorie deficit. You could be eating clean and exercising three hours a day, but if you're eating maintenance calories you won't lose (and thus, it's not always a benefit of this healthy lifestyle).

I'd also argue that good health is directly the result of weight loss. Studies have shown that losing weight, sometimes as little as 10 lbs, helps lower blood pressure, can ease GERD, puts less pressure on joints, lowers fatty liver and cholesterol/triglycerides issues, reverse type 2 Diabetes, etc...