Adding food to my database

I would like to see an update which would allow me to enter foods into my database but not into my daily diary. For example, when I get home from grocery shopping I take a lot of my food out of the package and throw that out. Then I have no way to scan it in at a later date and have to guess the nutrition information.
Anyone know of a way to do this that I don't? Or know where to make a suggestion to the company? I can't seem to find anything.
Thanks!
Brittany

Replies

• eseeton
    eseeton Posts: 80 Member
    You could always create a new food under your my foods and not make it avaliable in the database.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited May 2015
    Either save the barcoded portion of the package for later scanning, or pick a future date in your diary and scan everything to that date and just pick the food items from your Recent list as you eat them.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    I do as @CyberTone suggests and save the barcode portion of the package. Or when I repackage the product I cut out the Food Label and UPC Code and put that inside the repackaged food.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    I used to just log it under a different date (my go to was always December 2, 2011 for whatever reason). However, with the recent updates it won't really let me do this anymore as the recently logged foods aren't considered "recently added" :(
    I would love to see this added as an option though, it would save me so much time!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    I used to just log it under a different date (my go to was always December 2, 2011 for whatever reason). However, with the recent updates it won't really let me do this anymore as the recently logged foods aren't considered "recently added" :(
    I would love to see this added as an option though, it would save me so much time!
    The Recent list is a non-stored database query of the last 100 items you logged to your Food Diary, either from an individual meal table or all meal tables depending on your Food Diary settings. The query will pull all recent food items from both past and future dates - I checked. In your use case example, it is most likely that since you were logging food items to a date from a long time ago, those food items would get displayed as long as those "older" food items did not get pushed off of the query results by food items from more recent dates. Now that you have a larger number of food items in your Food Diary, some or all of the food items you stored in December 2, 2011 just will not get on the list of the last 100 items pulled by the Recent list query.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    No advice - but you would drive me insane. I hate when people throw out the packaging and all I have left is a bunch of random crap in the fridge/freezer with no nutrition info, no product names, no cooking instructions. Might as well throw the food out with it if you're in my house because I'm not eating it any more.

I do have a kitchen drawer with package info and bar codes though if I've managed to rescue it before it went out with the trash.