HELP! 11AM and only 19 calories left for the day!

Options
I kind of binged at work this morning and only have 19 calories left for the day! I can't get a workout in anytime soon since I work till 7pm. Any advice for the rest of the day, or even just support. :(

Replies

• RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water! Keep your mind off from food until you can burn some calories and maybe chew some gum.
  • justinasharp
    Options
    Don't starve yourself for the rest of the day...you'll just feel like crap-low blood sugar, fatigue, possibly overeating b/c of extreme hunger. Eat healthy for the rest of the day and start again tomorrow.
  • litljoy2001
    litljoy2001 Posts: 79
    Options
    water and I dont know what your job is but try and stay on your feet as much as possible, do some squats and lunges while having down time as work, what ever you can do to help burn a few more calories thru the day
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You can't undo it so just keep moving forward. Eat today. Nice light healthy choices. Make sure to get some dairy, maybe some nuts and fresh veggies. Drink lots of water. Good luck!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    heh i understand i only have 100 left, but fortunatel i dont have to be back to work til 3:30 4oclock so have time to exercise , adn better get of my *kitten* an do
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Do maintenance mode today (around 2000 calories). You won't gain weight... it'll be like eating like a normal person who's not trying to lose weight.

One day won't kill you, and just try to really hit the exercise hard tonight.

Good luck, you can do it!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I kind of binged at work this morning and only have 19 calories left for the day! I can't get a workout in anytime soon since I work till 7pm. Any advice for the rest of the day, or even just support. :(
    Give yourself an extra 500 calories for a nice dinner and remember its a learning process when you over eat and binge it doesnt feel so good so hopefully the next time you will make a detour...make sure you just dont go with the thinking that tomorrow is a new day...set limits for yourself even if you have gone over your calories and yes at 7pm workout at least 30min cardio
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Just do a non-nutritive fast until tomorrow. It will be very good as a cleanse.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Been there and done that!!!! Tomorrow is another day......you will be ok!!:wink:
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hey - we all have bad days every now and then :) Just eat good for the rest of the day, drink your water, work out if you can - and start new tomorrow. You can't take the binge back, but you don't have to let it derail you. Accept that it happened and move on. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    Lots of water, maybe walk some stairs on your break at work, then just have a light dinner when you get home (some protein and lots of veggies).
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Chew gum until lunch break... then go for a walk. Have a garden salad for lunch with no cheese, dipping your fork in the dressing instead of pouring it on the salad. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.

Then, as everyone else says... drink lots of water, chew gum... & excercise when you get home! I've been there... co-workers want to go out for Chinese Food at lunch... so I pick all vegetable dishes... then find out I've eaten 900 calories at lunch! Whoops... but you know what? Sometimes when you do that, you're just NOT hungry the rest of the day. That's what happened to me anyway. I ended up not eating dinner... just having a bit of yogurt & fruit around 7pm.

Chin up... we've all done it!
  • mt_nest
    mt_nest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am so happy to see everyone in agreement that starving for the rest of the day will only make matters worse. I agree - just lower your intake for the rest of the day, then start again tomorrow. This is a learning process. Don't let one setback discourage you. Good Luck!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Yea, don't binge :)
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    dont chew gum it makes you hungry, produces saliva and gets your stomach acids going. basically the brain reckons its going to get food. Don't chew gum!!

Carry on now like a normal day and have a lighter day tomorrow. Exercise like mad tomorrow. You can get a workout in at 7PM too...... just do press ups, sit ups, skipping, star jumps (jumping jacks) for 30minutes or so! x
  • suniskys
    suniskys Posts: 23
    Options
    The important thing is to use today as a learning experience. What made you binge at work? Try to avoid those situations in the future until you're more confident that you can control your eating. I'm a horrible binger. I cannot buy certain foods (ie skinny cow ice cream sandwiches) because I will eat the whole box in one day. I admit that and now I don't buy them very often unless I know that I'm going to be working out a ton. Tomorrow is a new day :)
  • Brihammond
    Brihammond Posts: 29
    Options
    You guys are all so awesome! I'm upping my calories to 1600 eating a 200 cal lunch and a 200 cal dinner and then going to the gym for 45 minutes after work for cardio. I can't stay at the gym too late since I work 7am-7pm tomorrow too. Plus I want to make my food as to NOT give myself a reason to stray tomorrow. The water is DEFINETLY helping.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    1150 calories by 11am?!?! How?!

One day won't kill you!
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    eat a healthy lunch and dinner then go kick butt at the gym after work!! :)
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    R4z0r4Mm0 Posts: 131
    Options
    It happens to the best of us - it may even happen to you again. So learn from today, but don't stress about it or feel guilty. Eat healthy the rest of the day, don't starve yourself. Eat up to maintenance and get back on track tomorrow.