17 pounds in less than 2 weeks?? Help!

Krystl89
Krystl89 Posts: 3
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! My name is Krystl.

Okay so here's my story: I joined MyFitness Pal Thursday, May 12, 2011 and started counting my calories since then. I know I am supposed to work out as well but with my school schedule and working 3 jobs (well, 2 now after this weekend) I stay pretty active on a daily basis. I weighed myself before beginning this program and I was at 167 pounds. It is now Sunday, May 22 and I weigh 150 pounds. I drink my water daily and count my calories like I should (anywhere from 1200 to 1500 calories but mostly 1200). My scale is new so I know that is not the problem but am I doing something wrong that I would lose this much in less than 2 weeks?? Or could it be that I am not over-eating anymore and that I am eating less portions? I haven't worked out like I should be but I like I said at the beginning of the paragraph, I stay pretty active on a daily basis.

Thanks!!
-Krystl

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    I think its pretty normal to lose quickly when you first start "dieting". A lot of times its excess water weight. It often slows down as time goes on.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    You're obviously doing everything right! I would think that because you are young it is easier to lose the weight quickly. Unless of course there is something wrong with your scale, lol. But, if your clothes are loose and you are looking and feeling slimmer I'd say you're doing well. :)
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    alot of it is water weight it is normal to lose alot at first expecialy if you have alot to lose
  • celiamj
    celiamj Posts: 38
    Hi Krystl! I think it could be because you are not overeating, yes. If you're not dehidrated and you stay active, maybe your body is adjusting to the diference from the amount of calories from before and now (if you ingested a high amount of kcals before, it has to make a big diference at first, i guess), but im not sure! did you measure yourself? its always the best way to know if you lost fat or not! :) or maybe you weighed yourself at diferent times of the day (it can make a diference from morning to night). keep active, drink your water and have a diet with variety, and you wont be doing anything wrong. i read your profile, im graduating this summer too (hopefully!) and its been stressfull! and you still work 2 jobs? you're a warrior!!! :D wish you the best luck and dont stress too much! :)
  • I lost 14 my first two weeks. Congrats!
  • Krystl89
    Krystl89 Posts: 3
    I see. Well, I have noticed that I don't have the sides of my muffin top anymore...the belly is still there tho but after cheating last night (which I fully regret and won't do that again! lol) I feel like blech. Thanks! I'll keep it up then and add an exercise routine in there :-)
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    I lost 6 pounds in my first week, which really shocked me!! After that it slowed to 1-2 pounds a week. I always saw it as a nice boost though to get me excited at the start!
  • VanillaSky72
    VanillaSky72 Posts: 57 Member
    Most people that lose that most weight in the beginning are really really heavy. You were only 167lbs to start. Everyone reacts differently to diets. It's pretty complex, I don't know what you were doing or eating before either compared to now. So I would just go with it...lol That's little over 1lb a day. I personally have done this off and on but not for 17 days in a row. Most people would love to lose 1lb a day. Just make sure your not under eating in calories or nutrition. I just think now your more aware of your calorie intake and that's why your losing weight. Try eating non preservative foods and more raw foods in your diet if your eating so few calories. I would do some weight training or aerobics so you don't lose muscle and keep up your metabolism. Keep it up!!!
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    im so jealous! good job keep it up! i wouldnt b worried at all :)
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    No one can really comment on your eating as you don't have your diary open for anyone to see.
This discussion has been closed.