Need some advice

Options
I'm currently 220.3 lbs and I have been approved for weigh loss surgery but only if I can keep the weight coming off.. I'm on a 1200 cal diet and train 3 days a week..I'm not losing ...I eat every 3 hours....should I eat every 2 hours instead

Replies

• JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing/measuring everything you eat? It's possible you are eating (and drinking) more than you think.

There are lots of opinions on how often we should eat, but if you are actually sticking to 1200 calories a day, then it wouldn't really matter how often you eat.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how often you eat, it matters how much you eat. Are you logging everything accurately and using a food scale?
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hey there, not sure on how often you should eat, sounds like your calories are really low, I try to eat 5 meals a day, I space them out every 3 to 3 and half hours. I exercise for at least 90 minutes 5 days a week. I started at 295 and I am down 31 pounds in less than 3 months. What is your goal weight? why surgery? if you are working out and exercising why not just keep that up. It's all about lifestyle change,which you will have to do if you have surgery or not. Best of luck to you.
  • rahulonmars
    rahulonmars Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll go with malibu on this, you need to log everything accurately in order to keep it in the limits.
  • ano463s
    ano463s Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There was another great post just now about how serving sizes (4 crackers, 1 slice of bread) may be several grams off from the actual serving size. If you are tracking everything, sticking to your plan, and can't lose weight, maybe look at how you're tracking. Even being off by a little bit on a few things you eat a day can put a pretty good sized hole in the deficit you're trying to create.