Question aoubt the actual DVD of the 30 day shred

hbrittingham
hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
I purchased this DVD last week and just got a remote for my DVD player today. At the beginning of the DVD there is about 5-7 minutes of introduction and advertising before you actually get to select the workout. There is no way to skip these because I get a message that says "operation prohibited by disc". My question is, do I have to go through this wasted 5-7 minutes before I can get to the workout or did I get a defective disc? Thanks in advance for any replies or suggestions!

Replies

• ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Mine did the same thing! SO ANNOYING!!!!!
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    yup :( worst part about that dvd!
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    I have mine on the PlayStation. I can skip the Biggest Loser DVD ads at the start, but I can't skip Jillian's intro that pops up just before the menu.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Yep....you gotta sit through it....I can't stand that the DVD is set up that way. I would say turn it on and then go get ready to exercise. Do something else during those 5-7 minutes (get dressed, change shoes, get your HRM, whatever). Otherwise it will just annoy you and drive you crazy.
  • rwuchic
    rwuchic Posts: 20 Member
    I usually shut the DVD player off while shes's talking at the end of the workout. When I turn the DVD player back on it thinks I'm resuming play so I can go back to the menu. It only works if I don't remove the dvd. If i take it out I'm screwed and have to listen to the beginning again.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    I had to watch it the first time --- but it has skipped it ever since.

You have the 2-3 minutes where she goes over who to follow for modified, etc, but the big advertisement it skips for me after watching it the first time on whatever device (I think I had to watch again when I played it on my computer instead of my DVD in the hotel room....)
  • hbrittingham
    That's so frustrating. I planned on getting up at 5:30 a couple of mornings a week to work out since my evenings are either walking the dogs or going to the gym. I don't have the patience to wait that long that early in the morning.

Ohh rwuchic, I'll try that!
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks for the warning....just bought the DVD today and plan to start tomorrow.
  • hbrittingham
    Thanks all! I appreciate the responses and the ideas.
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    I always just pressed the MENU button on my remote and it took me to where I could pick which Level I wanted to do. Not sure if it was my DVD player that let me do that or what...but my DVD player is old and the remote I used was actually my Direct TV remote, with the slidy button at the top on one of the AV settings. It's worth a try...