What r your diet tips ?

Options
Any help out there please!!!!!

Replies

• rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    log everything, weigh/measure everything, drink water, work out....hard, eat healthy foods and cook them a healthy way, cut out all sugary drinks, have that deficit and work your body out and you will lose! :)
  • ms_debbieg
    ms_debbieg Posts: 34
    Options
    LOG everything you are eating now then compare the portions and the actual things to what got you to the weight that made you want to make a change. Does that make sense? It has been a huge help to me!! I found sometimes it wasn't what I was eating but how much and sometimes it really was how much of what I was eating. An example, I LOVE mexican food, I found sometimes I was eatly it 3 times a week. All the yummy chips & salsa, cheesy enchiladas and yummy sour cream pack on some serious lbs. Now I try to limit my self to 1 to 2 times a month & I am selective about what I order.

Good Luck on your Progress!!
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I allow myself 2 free meals a week. By no means do I mean I binge, I usually stay within my cals. But I eat food I normally don't let myself eat, like a burger or pizza. By not completely depriving myself, it allows me to stay focused the rest of the time.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    buy a cool water bottle that holds at least 32 ounces of water. keep it with you ALL THE TIME and drink at least 2 of them a day. Give it a few days and you will notice a difference in how much you eat. MAKE yourself drink all the water, if you get bored throw in some lemons or some oranges or some cucumber slices. If you get hungry at a time when you dont normally eat and you feel like you should snack, drink a good amount of water then give it 20 min. If you are still hungry, then eat!~!~!

The most important thing is that you LIKE the bottle, if you dont want to lug it around with you, then it wont be doing its job!~!
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    Don't be afraid of fat. In full disclosure, I personally eat a high fat diet, but not everyone does, so here's advice suitable for the rest of you: Fat is satiating and will make you feel like you're not eating diet foods. And what's satiating is the *mouth feel* not the *stomach feel* so we're not talking about a lot. So use the same advice you've been given with salt...you don't necessarily have to cook with it, but you can finish foods with it.

So, you know how olive oil is the new best thing? Don't cook with it, finish your vegetables with it. Made a fat free soup? Finish each bowl with a pat of butter (15 calories), a dollop of full fat yogurt (18 cal) or a drizzle of olive oil--ask any chef, these small things can literally transform a soup. And you won't be breaking either the calorie bank or the fat bank. Its sauteing (with oily abandon), frying, and creamy-saucing that get you into trouble. Finishing is not a problem.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Don't completely cut out anything that you love! Just remember that this is a lifestyle change, so if it is too drastic, it wont stick. Start small - work out a few times and week, and throw some extra fruits and veggies into your day. Then, when you get more of a handle on it, work out more, eat better. It's like a snowball; pretty soon you'll notice some amazing changes!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    No diet tips here but my new lifestyle tips are eat everything in moderation, exercise and drink plenty of water.
  • shannaire
    shannaire Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks everyone u can add me so we can support each other x
  • celiamj
    celiamj Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi! i support all that was said above: keep active, have regular light snacks during the day... and also remember that healthy is also eating what you're really craving once in a while without feeling guilty!

The tips i can give you are to substitute the food you used to eat for better alternatives. if you feel like chocolate cookies, have apple sliced with cinamon and pretend they're cookies (its so good!) :D if you want something salty have veggies, use more herbs to give a taste to your food, rather than the usual fatty sauces... and so on, you just have to find imaginative and healthy solutions for the unhealthy snacks! also, increase the ingestion of fiber (high fiber cereals) and water and dont cut on carbs or proteins!!! you can also have egg whites when you're hungry, because they're really low on kcals and fat and rich in protein... and i cant remember anything else now! good luck!