At home workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think you can try yoga pilates with ellen barrett on youtube, and if you want to really have some fun dancing you and losing inches you should try my favourite girl "Tiffany rothe workouts". There is also one called "Reduce Tummy", and it is awesome with lots of stepping and dancing to burn those calories in a fun effective way. All the best to you!!
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Another plus to these workous is that they are not very long at all, and you see results very quick.
  • meexwalks
    meexwalks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I swear by fitnessblender.com
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Any program that includes strength training, Jillian Michaels has several...30 Day Shred and Body Revolution are my favorite. ChaLEAN Extreme is another fav.
    A good program will have a minimum 3x of strength, some cardio and stretching.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    YouTube videos. I like xhit and fitness blender. I lost the first 28 pounds exercising to videos I found online, and only recently joined a gym when my weight was stuck at a number for more than 6 weeks (and I thought I should switch up my routine)
  • sneaky_teaky
    sneaky_teaky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP since January this year. For exercise i have been playing the Just Dance games on the Wii U. I have both 2014 and 2015, but prefer 2014 for the sweat variations of different songs. I do the 40 minute just sweat routine, but they also have 10, 20 and freestyle settings. On average the game says I burn 200 cals, but my fitbit says I do 400-500 depending on the songs I pick. So far I have lost 41 lbs and have so much fun doing it too. I feel that's the part that keeps me going:how much fun it is to dance while I sweat. Depending on your kids ages they can join in on the fun too, turning a chore into a fun family time. If anything it can be a fun variation that you throw into your exercise routine to keep things fun.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Huge fan of Fitness Blender here - been using their videos for about 18 months, all free, great variety, all levels - I think they are up to over 450 workouts now, so no boredom, and easy to mix it up with strength, yoga, stretching, HIIT, etc. Good stuff, check them out.

Edited to add: Another good one is Nike Training Club, a free app for your phone. Good workouts there too, 15-45 minutes, stuff you can mix and match, etc.