setting up for failure?

Options
Squible
Squible Posts: 359 Member
So I've been with fitness pal for a good few months now and have actually gained weight!? The reason bring is I think I was just setting myself up for failure from the start. I wanted results fast and so I put as my original goal as losing 2lbs a week, this gave me a daily limit of 1300! This was a tough goal and I would put a massive amount of stress and pressure on myself if I went over the limit even by a little bit (although my mindset was usually 'well I've gone over now I might as well carry on eating')

Today has been tough but I think also a break through, I really wanna lose 'the stone's that will get me back to normal b.m.I and inspire my boyfriend again so I've changed my goal to 1.5lb to lose week and I now have 1500 calories to munching through! And even though most days I gave overeaten on my calories I still had the strict mindset of 1300 and I think it really affected me and git me down as it was unreasonable for me, so hopefully with these extra 200 calories it,ll be easier and although technically 'slower' it might actually work for me and help me lose!

Replies

• Gidget85
    Gidget85 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Do you pre=plan for the days or just wing it?

I find on days I dont have a plan I over eat and end up going over my daily cal.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Weigh loss formual.................time/consistancy. Over large period of time. Like 3 months!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    It will be more sustainable in the long run too. Good for you for realising, and for changing your goal - we're much more likely to succeed when we understand and accept our limitations. I wish you the very best of luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Do you pre=plan for the days or just wing it?

I find on days I dont have a plan I over eat and end up going over my daily cal.

I've been winging it in the past only this week I've been thinking and planning everything, I think my excuse before was I had finished uni, got a new job then got promoted but was communting for 2hours a day over Xmas which got me really down, then moved to London to a managers job and in with my boyfriend in march and now things are just settling down.....i hope hah.
    I got a slow cookery for a house warming present and that needs a lot of advance planning and I just need to get into that habit
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. I was set at a 2lb/week loss and it seemed nearly impossible. About a month ago I switched to a 1.5lb/week loss and it seems much easier. I've slowly started to realize that if it takes me a few years to get to my goal that is okay.