Portable snack help

Options
Gidget85
Gidget85 Posts: 12 Member
K. My sister's wedding is next week in Kelowna and I'm planning on tracking because I have the MFP App.

I called the Hotel we are staying at Im a bit upset because there isnt a fridge in our room. I was planning on bringing up some fruit but now I cant

Do you have any quick snack ideas that wont break my calorie budget? They have to be portable and non-perishable. Id really like to not live of crackers and cheese for 4 days lol.

I'll also take recipes......I have time before i go up to make some bars or what nots :)

Thanks again

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    apples ,oranges,pears etc are all great fruit that don't need to be stored in the fridge.
  • jmconway1
    jmconway1 Posts: 29
    Options
    mini clif bars are only 100 calories a piece and pretty filling! I usually eat one in the afternoon to tie me over between lunch and dinner
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for something with protein in your snack, protein powder is great and you can just portion it out in zip-lock baggies so you can just pour in water and make.
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Trail mix has saved me before - mix up some unsalted nuts and unsweetened dried fruit (berries, apple chunks, raisins, etc.), maybe throw in unsalted sunflower seeds too!
  • Gidget85
    Gidget85 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help! Great ideas.....

I really dont want to throw all my hard work away for the wedding so having great snacks to help me through the four days away will be really great.

Thanks again! Man I love these message boards lol
  • lisapickering
    lisapickering Posts: 374
    Options
    Can you bring a small cooler and use the ice at the hotel to keep the food cold?
  • LeahBeah12
    LeahBeah12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Kashi granola bars, apples, bananas, oranges, Reduced Fat Wheat Thins, nuts, trail mix, 100 calorie packs of yogurt covered pretzels...