Memorial Weekend Survival

Options
fitabulous1
fitabulous1 Posts: 11 Member
Stay focused though its going to be hard

Get that image in your head as you go to cook outs this weekend. Keep that result in your mind.
When you eat think of a triangle on your plate, in three sections, those are your meat, veggie, and okay probably a carb. Log everything!

Some recipes to consider
fruit kabobs - you can add marshmallows too - they are lite - and drizzle with sugar free choc. syrup if you want additional sweets

Turkey or chicken wraps - deli's have Sara lee low sodium lunch meats that are great, use a hummus or lite mayo, add your meat, seasoning, spinach, red pepper slices, and roll up in a wheat thin wrap(skinny girl has great ones at Walmart and so does Aldi's) and slice them into 1" thick pin wheels. or

Grilling out - substitute that bun for a thin bun or romaine lettuce as a wrap - grilled veggies are a great alternative to fries too. Still need that carb - limit to no more than 10 fries or tator tots or 1/2 cup of potato salad. You can do it!

Spinach dip - make with fat free plain yogurt - don't tell the guys or kids - they will love it
Buffalo chicken dip - make with fat free ranch and fat free cream cheese - serve with veggie chips like carrots sliced for dipping

Going to have a drink - don't drink your calories away
Add 0 calorie flavored waters or diet gingerale to make the drink stretch longer and less calories

Keep logging! We can add each other to our friends for more motivation! Bathing Suit weather is upon us!

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    LOL.....I will enjoy the weekend!! ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I'm going to want to eat all the foods, let's be honest. Wanted to save calories for it but it's been an hungry week and now I'm too sick to exercise on top of it... so no promises. But we'll see what people bring (it's a picnic/cookout).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It's a holiday weekend...in the big picture, it's largely irrelevant. On Monday I will cook out with my family and friends and we will toast the vets and we will grill burgers and brats and I will make potato salad and we will drink beer and make merry...and then we will get up the next day and go about life as usual.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    oh man I'm excited for the beer and cheeseburgers and home made dips!! And toasting those pub buns with butter on the grill!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I didn't allow myself to enjoy any other holiday... with the ballgames and beach this weekend, I can promise I will not go totally nuts, but I will enjoy it!

I will keep some of your suggestions for the future though.
  • CCGwald
    CCGwald Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bathing Suit weather??? It was 45F in Michigan this morning. Maybe I need to move??
  • ecuffari
    ecuffari Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I worked to hard to lose the weight I've lost, I don't want to gain back three pounds over one picnic, so I will choose the healthier foods, limit myself to one drink, and log in my food, just one day off the wagon could set me up for failure to get back on track
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    ecuffari wrote: »
    I worked to hard to lose the weight I've lost, I don't want to gain back three pounds over one picnic, so I will choose the healthier foods, limit myself to one drink, and log in my food, just one day off the wagon could set me up for failure to get back on track

You can't gain three pounds of fat in a day...'cuz math.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    OMG fruit kabobs is totally what I'm taking to my picnic! I'll probably have a hot dog or 2 but try not to go crazy. I am looking forward to it!
  • fitabulous1
    fitabulous1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    LOL love the comments! It is a holiday weekend so of course enjoy and don't stress over the eating. Enjoy the time with friends and family and the reason for the holiday. I will be at my late grandpa's memorial service. That wont be easy. And its good to have one cheat day a week to throw off your metabolism - just be moderate so you don't set your self back. Remember you really have to consume about 3000 calories to gain a pound - that is a lot of food!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    fruit kabobs sounds like fun.