Please Help!

Options
Ok so I have been doing great on this program-lost 15 lbs. Today I have ate EVERYTHING in sight! I cant stop. Do you think if I start over tomorrow and keep it up that today will be ok? Im not planning on doing this often. I dont know what has gotten into me today :( What do you all think?

Replies

• LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I think this happens to everyone and you shouldn't get yourself down.
    You've done fabulously so far.

Just start again tomorrow, today was a write-off.
  • kirstygirl21
    kirstygirl21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jalane, I did horrible yesterday!! Kyler and I went out for our anniversar and we had steak, lobster, chocolate cake!! But today I am getting back on track. I think one day every so often is good for us.
  • BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Personally, I have found that constant "sticking to the plan" causes difficult and discouraging plateaus. If I give myself a "free day" every now and then, it keeps my body guessing and gives my spirit a break. Don't get discouraged if you have an off day and don't let it derail you or be an excuse to continue down the wrong path. Brush it off and get back on track and look forward to the next "off day".
  • Caramel787
    Caramel787 Posts: 8
    Options
    Everyone has those days where they have massive cravings. Don't get discouraged just go back to dieting tomorrow. No matter what DON'T GIVE UP!! You've come this far. Just keep exercising, dieting and staying positive.:smooched:
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You are going to be ok :-) forgvive yourself, and be kind to yourself. :-)
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. I have days where I am really hungry and have surpassed my calories for the day. It doesn't happen often and may be because of my exercise. I had about 3 days that I tried desperately to stay within my calorie range but still felt like I was starving. On the 3rd day I just couldn't take it and went about 500 calories over. Felt so much better the next day. I think my body was just telling me I needed to eat a bit more those days and I wouldn't listen to it. I wouldn't make a habit out of it, and I would try to make decent choices, but you should be fine.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    It happens! Just make sure it was a slip up and doesn't happen very often. I know some believe in having a "cheat" day. I think I know myself better than that. I much prefer sticking to plan and if an occasion is comming up such as a birthday, party, etc. I'd try my very best to plan ahead. Not planning and just going overboard will do you in very quickly. Not journaling your food will also allow you to play the "Oh, I wasn't so bad" mind game with yourself. Your scale does not lie! If rather than a slip up where you gain a pound or two if you see a trend, I'd be very concerned and figure out how best to get on track and stay on track.

So yeah, you might end up being a week behind in meeting your goal, but in the scheme of things if you are seriously making an effort, then as days go by you'll see your scale on the downward trend again.

Fix a "problem" before it becomes a problem. Good luck!
  • kweir7
    kweir7 Posts: 16
    Options
    Don't sweat it. We all go through the same thing. One meal (or one day for that matter) does not a diet make. This is a marathon - not a sprint. You just hit a bump in the the long road. The past is past and tomorrow is a new day.
  • angelamb61
    angelamb61 Posts: 10
    Options
    A day off the rails is not so bad. I feel so guilty when that happens, but then it is OK! We have to have the odd day when we indulge. Otherwise life would be so dull. I had an "off day" yesterday and ate far more than I ought. I felt really guilty. But after reading your post I feel relieved that what I did was actually quite normal! I think you have done unbelievably well so far - well done!! And don't beat youself up over the odd indulge. Take care
  • Jalachri
    Jalachri Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I already feel SO much better!! Hope you all have a great "diet" week!!