How many days a week do you exercise?

Options

Replies

• ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options

3 days of lifting
    3 days of running followed by sprint intervals
    1 day cycling (I consider this a recovery workout)

That's when I do what I'm supposed to do. I usually miss a workout or two. I try to average 90 minutes a day including warmup, cooldown and stretching.
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    IVe worked out for last 14 days no rest day.

Before this i had slight injury was keeping things light so great have exercising itch again!

i work out 45-60mins, cardio/weights
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    right now just 3x a week. I want more and i am working on that.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 5 days a week, once for personal training, 3 treadmill classes and 1 strength class. Always there is more exercise on top of these set things, usually cardio, even on treadmill days.

I also take tai chi classes 3 times a week, two of them fall on "off" days. They are not huge calorie burners, but they are a different kind of physical and mental discipline.
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    6 times per week for about 60 to 120 min!!!! OH HELL YEAAAH!! :P
  • MARTHAS1611
    Options
    4 days a week. I try to do the elliptical trainer 3 days out of the four. I also do spinning on Saturday mornings and some weight training and a yoga classes during the week. I prefer the classes because for me it is better to work out with a group of people and the instructors guide you. :happy:

7093343.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    Most days. I do strength training 2 days on, 1 day off. Indoor cycling (quite tough effort) maybe 5 days a week. Walking or a light Wii workout almost daily, but with a day off here and there if I feel I need a break.

I don't have a regime, but pay attention to my body and my mood. Exercise can energise me but sometimes I don't have the energy for it.

I *never* used to exercise at all, not until I reached my 30s when I stopped being naturally skinny, so this is a big shift in attitude for me.

ETA oh and I used to do a light swim every weekday morning, but my local pool shut long-term for major renovation. I really miss it.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    At the moment 6 days a week, very intense, one hour (or 55 mins) a day. When my current boot camp finishes, I'll be doing 3 times a week, plus the 30DS to fill in my off days.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'm really moderate about the exercise and have been the whole way. Generally, I walk/run 3 times a week, usually 20-30 minutes. Once in awhile I use my Pilates Reformer and Rebounder (usually if it's too rainy to run outside).

However, I walk a fair amount every day because I have a dog and because I do some dogwalking for other folks.

I'm going to have to add some strength training in here soon though.
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    4x week for 30 min-1 hr . The other 3 days I'm working a 12 hr shift, so while I'm not officially "exercising" I am on my feet most of the time and doing some heavy lifting while transferring patients... and occasionally getting a REAL workout... doing CPR or having a patient tell me they're going to punch me in the face (which got my heart rate up and stayed up for about 30 minutes I was so f*ing pissed)
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I usually only do 5 days (mon-fri) but on a perfect week I fit 7 x 50-60min sessions in those 5 days. There is usually some walking around on the weekends with my family too.
  • PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options

3 days of lifting
    3 days of running followed by sprint intervals
    1 day cycling (I consider this a recovery workout)

That's when I do what I'm supposed to do. I usually miss a workout or two. I try to average 90 minutes a day including warmup, cooldown and stretching.

7 days for me too

2 days of lifting
    3 days of running
    1 days of zumba
    1 day walking 5 miles (recovery / very low impact)
  • pnesabrina
    pnesabrina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5 days
    2 strengh training + ellyptical
    1 light running + swimming
    1 interval running
    1 long(er) distance running

A lot of work, but almos 35 pounds lost and almost no excess skin to show for it!
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I exercise 5 times a week, for 45 - 60 minutes in relatively high intensity ;)
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    I'm stupid. I over work. I work out 6 days a week and lift 6 days a week. I lift first then do some type of cardio.
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I do heavy lifting, 3x a week for about 35 mins. and Zumba 1-2 days a week for an hour.
  • DameWicca
    DameWicca Posts: 3
    Options
    I aim for five days but may only get in four. Right now, I try and do boot camp three times a week (one hour class). Then cardio/weights (30 min each) two times a week.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I usually do 30-45 minutes of cardio 5-6 times a week. I also do 90 minutes of Strength training twice a week.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I have NOT had a day off since Christmas day of "2009". My day off is a slow walk for how far I feel like going. Usually 2 miles!
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    I workout six days a week, anywhere from 1.5-2.5 hours a day. The most intense is when I workout with my trainer, or do a high cardio day. One day a week I bike anywhere from 15-25 miles, or walk 4.5 miles through hills, and then free weights. I haven't burned out yet, but if I ever need an extra day off, I take it.