Hair

Options
I had an idea that I thought would help others while you lose weight. I thought it would be nice to grow out my hair while I lose weight. Then when I reached my goal weight, I would get a hair cut and donate it to locks of love. Does anyone want to join me in this adventure? I think the minimum donation is 6- 10 inches. That is atleast 6-12 months to grow out your hair. What do you guys think?

Replies

• BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a great cause.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    That's a lovely idea. but no one is getting my hair!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I'd do it but two weeks ago I shaved my head for American Cancer Society Relay for Life. :) Raised over 1900 for just my hair. I did donate it as well. :) Great idea and how wonderful of you to put it out there.
  • Walorie
    Walorie Posts: 44
    Options
    My hair doesn't grow like that...but I love the idea. What a wonderful selfless thing to do (((HUGS))) to you...good luck!
  • katt2360
    katt2360 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have donated my hair 3 times now to Locks of Love. I would join you but my hair doesn't grow that fast anymore. It takes me about 4 years to get there 10 inches min. Good Luck. I am cheering you on. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I love the idea, but I also don't have hair that grows that long anymore. I haven't gone for a haircut in nearly three years, just minor trims to remove damage, and it's only just past my shoulders.
  • adk11
    adk11 Posts: 5
    Options
    I think it's a wonderful idea! I've been planning on cutting my hair in January 2012, as I'm getting married in November 2011. I donated twice to locks of love, it's a minimum of 10 inches.

Pantene's hair donation is 8 inches.

I'm in :)
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've donated hair several times, I tend to grow my hair out, get sick of taking care of it/the weight etc and chop it all off, then miss it and grow it back. I am going to try to keep my hair growing this time tho, its not as thick or fast growing as it was when I was younger, and my husband likes it!
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    To help grow your hair, make sure your taking a good multivitamin. Make sure it has Folic Acid and Biotin, these will help your hair grow faster and much healthier. Both can be found in prenatal vitamins or most good women's vitamins.

I take this vitamin:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nat/multi.html