meal prepping

Options
anovembersoul_
anovembersoul_ Posts: 7 Member
i'm about to start meal prepping because i live a busy life. tired of picking up quick easy things that tend to be extremely unhealthy. what are some of your favorite meal prep recipes?

Replies

• StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Chicken tits and rice are always a good go to for me :)
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of boneless skinless chicken thighs as well. When I first started mfp I would prepare a batch six on Sunday with just a bit of spice. Then through the week I would add more spice or a sauce to make each day a bit different. I would just add a quick veg or salad along with rice or a potato. I am not doing this as much any more because I was having a bit of waste. By the end of the week I would be bored, so I might buy a piece of fish or steak and not get around all the cooked chicken. Lately I have been buying a variety of meats and zipplocking individual servings in the freezer. In the morning I thaw. The routine is the same pretty much. Cook it how ever...veg/salad and rice/potato. I keep it simple. My meals are quick and delicious, as my life is super busy too. I find that taking the time to log all my meals in the morning helps a lot. That way I am not caught out in the world hungry and wondering what is for dinner:-) I know what you mean about grabbing something quick and unhealthy. Knowing what is for dinner and how long it takes to prepare curtails the desire for that. Best of luck in your journey.
  • anovembersoul_
    anovembersoul_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you both!
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of Ground turkey & Chicken breast. baked carrots are really good to freeze through the week after meal prepping. I got a lot of ideas from this guys site:
    http://mybodymykitchen.com

His baked carrots are delicious and he has a ton of recipes for meal prepping.
  • mikosz666
    mikosz666 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turkey breast with veggies and brown rice (Asian style);

Ground beef with tomatoes and Mexican spices with brown rice or whole grain pasta;

Prawns or a frutti di mare mix, again with rice or pasta;

Baked sweet potatoes with tuna.

All of this with some type of salad. I guess these are my favourites for a healthy lunch. I always make sure to pack a couple of snacks to get me through the day. Lentils or chickpeas is what I usually bring.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like to make things like stew, soup, chili, stuffed peppers, meatballs, nuggets, burritos, curries all frozen in individual containers.
  • pryynsess
    pryynsess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of Ground turkey & Chicken breast. baked carrots are really good to freeze through the week after meal prepping. I got a lot of ideas from this guys site:
    http://mybodymykitchen.com

His baked carrots are delicious and he has a ton of recipes for meal prepping.

• pryynsess
    pryynsess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this website. I am working on meal plans for next week!
  • joe3052
    joe3052 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Quickest would be Chicken Breast, Ground Turkey or Beef, and Fish as your main dish. Sides can be vegetables, rice, sweet potatoes, spinach. Snacks I usually have greek yogurt, beef jerky, edamames, almonds, low calorie popcorn. maybe some hummus or almond butter with carrots or celery. I have a 40 to 60 hour work week monday through friday. so I usually prep my meals sunday night.
  • tiffanyh26
    tiffanyh26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I normally meal prep on Sunday night for the week. I love veggies so I'll either sautee them (in extra virgin olive oil) or steam them to go along side either baked fish (tilapia or salmon) or baked chicken breast..with baked sweet potato or brown rice. My meals pretty much stay the same, I only change up which veggies I use. Sometimes I will have beans, but when I do, I don't have any meat with it.
  • Cassiea199
    Cassiea199 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I prep my daughters mini quiches for lunch. Guess it would work for breakfast too. I mix together
    7 eggs,
    some vitamin d milk,
    a cup of shredded cheese,
    and a whole head of boiled broccoli,
    some salt.
    And then i pour it into my cupcake tin. This recipe should be enought to fill up all 12 slots. Make sure to use those cupcake liner things bc its a pain in the butt to clean up otherwise. This is a very nutrient dense food thats high in protein and vitamin c.and it takes like 10 seconds to heat up in the microwave. Not to mention its pretty cheap to make.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Chicken tits and rice are always a good go to for me :)
    You forgot broccoli.

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I like to buy a 6 pound bag of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, toss the in a crock pot with some spice, then ladle out into 6 containers that I freeze.
    I also buy frozen vegetable bags at the same time. I'll take a 5 cup bag of Normandy vegetables and eat the whole thing with the chicken breast.
  • KwyetTeazze
    KwyetTeazze Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    tiffanyh26 wrote: »
    I normally meal prep on Sunday night for the week. I love veggies so I'll either sautee them (in extra virgin olive oil) or steam them to go along side either baked fish (tilapia or salmon) or baked chicken breast..with baked sweet potato or brown rice. My meals pretty much stay the same, I only change up which veggies I use. Sometimes I will have beans, but when I do, I don't have any meat with it.

• KwyetTeazze
    KwyetTeazze Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks