Motivated by total strangers...

Options
So today I was out power - walking and the amount of strangers that commented on my pace was unreal. It really made me motivated and determined to keep walking...I did 5.5 miles :)
Remarks like "you're doing great...how many laps have you done...are you going for a world record...have you been round (the loch) already" were so encouraging! A pensioner on his bike actually stopped and said "you're going faster than me" which made me laugh. The final remark that made me smile was "I'll need to get me some twins"...I was our walking with my girls, pushing their double buggy!
After a really sh!tty morning...this was the motivation I needed :) I managed to burn 650 calories which was lovely too!!
Just thought I'd share as it made me feel so good <3

Replies

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    That's great! Fitness seems to create great friendships and bonds! Keep it up!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Lovely!
  • sazziek
    sazziek Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!!!
  • AnointedZ
    AnointedZ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome way to turn your day around!!! Keep up the great work
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Even a smile and nod or small wave really work to help pick up the pace and brighten my day.
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...a smile can go a long way to turn your day around...even when the sun's not shining B)
  • pokeytoemomma
    pokeytoemomma Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Keep kicking butt!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Woo hoo! Keep kicking butt!
    Thank you honey :)
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good job!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    How nice! It's refreshing to hear something positive like this when there can be so much negativity in the world.
    Good for you!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    ^^I know...really made my day :)
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear! I've recently started running outside and often pass other runners running in the opposite direction and just getting a smile or a nod makes me push on further. Such small things like this drive me on! Great effort & keep up the hard work :smiley:
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    True @SimonCypher it's (for me) an acknowledgement that we're fighting a similar battle and a silent 'well done' to the other person :)
  • SimonCypher
    Options
    Yep @mrs_kitty_w , that's exactly what it is! No words need to be spoken, but we connect on another level! I've also started taking part in a Park Run and there are volunteers who are out directing us and I always make sure I take my earphones out so I can hear them pushing us on and making sure I say thank you to each and every one of them!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Im considering starting c25k. ..did you use a training plan @SimonCypher? My main issue is fitting 3 dedicated workouts in a week...I really need to just go for it and see what happens :p
  • SimonCypher
    Options
    I've heard real good things about that program but not used it personally. I've been actively going to the gym for the last 6 months but not really eating a healthy diet so my work at the gym has been cancelled out. I've only really started running more in the last 3 weeks as I've signed up for a Half Marathon in September. When I first started I could maybe run or 15mins non-stop, now I'm up to an hour.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Aww that's awesome :)