Need recommendations please!

Options
I am 10 weeks postpartum and NEED to lose this baby weight and then some (gained before I got pregnant from quitting smoking). I'm looking for any recommendations for 10-15 min work outs I can squeeze in while baby naps (she's a power napper for sure!) and something that will help me slim down from the hips up. I walk a lot (or try to) so not super concerned about leg exercises. Thanks!!

Replies

• blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I use daily burn. They have a pre and post natal program that looks great ( my son is 3 so i dont use it) but also there are some good exercises on youtube i believe thats where my friend finds all her stuff.
  • xinsomnia
    xinsomnia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you're on Instagram, there's some fun people to follow who show little workouts! I like @alexajeanfitness but you can search tags for exercise and fitness and workout. (My baby boy is 5 months old... Congrats to you on baby and quitting smoking!)
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    As the weather is getting better, when it is nice out put the baby in the carriage and go for a 15 minute walk?
  • nikkerbob
    nikkerbob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would go on Pinterest. there are millions of little workout you can pick from that can take anywhere from 5 minutes to whatever amount of time you have. and I agree with the Instagram. I follow "howtoburncalories" they have some cool videos, some of which actually include using baby =)
  • sazziek
    sazziek Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi! If you read my blog explain best I can about what I am doing to lose that quick last few lbs. It's the Military Diet - sounds nuts but it actually is great and I was excited to announce I lost 3 lbs in the 7 days - I could have lost more but I went off a bit on the "off days" - I also worked out with a trainer twice a week, ran a 5k and did light cardio during the week...start out small - look up some youtube videos you can do while the baby is sleeping! and congrats :)

• nikkerbob
    nikkerbob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @sazziek How you I find your blog. I have never actually read a blog on here.. Thought if I went to your profile I could click on it, couldn't or couldn't find it/see it.. thanks!
  • sazziek
    sazziek Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @nikkerbob I am learning the site as I go LoL it might be on my profile somewhere?? I can try to send it to you in a p/m..
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    sazziek wrote: »
    Hi! If you read my blog explain best I can about what I am doing to lose that quick last few lbs. It's the Military Diet - sounds nuts but it actually is great and I was excited to announce I lost 3 lbs in the 7 days - I could have lost more but I went off a bit on the "off days" - I also worked out with a trainer twice a week, ran a 5k and did light cardio during the week...start out small - look up some youtube videos you can do while the baby is sleeping! and congrats :)

No...the Military Diet doesn't sound nuts...it IS nuts, and horrible advice for anyone looking to lose weight in a healthy, sustainable manner.