ITT we praise the greatest food on planet earth: Peanut Butter

Options
Peanut butter is better than ice cream. It's incredibly healthy and absolutely delicious. It's the one food that when I start eating it by the spoon I have to fight like hell to stop myself. 10/10 my favorite food.

Feel free to share positive peanut butter related stories, how much you enjoy it, different things to do with it (recipe ideas and such) and absolutely anything about peanut butter you want to say.

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is better than ice cream.

Peanut Butter Ice Cream FTW
  • ricardo510diaz
    ricardo510diaz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Duuuuude. I've still never tried it, this needs to change. I'll take a few spoon fulls of ice cream and stop myself no big deal; peanut butter I have to seriously tell myself "enough is enough"
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    savingstar.jpg

'nuff said.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If I eat peanut butter, I will get extremely sick. It won't kill me, like it will many people. Ergo, it is NOT the greatest food on the planet.

Good food doesn't kill people.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    browneyedbaker.com/dark-chocolate-cupcakes-with-peanut-butter-frosting/

The frosting is basically the best thing ever.
  • ricardo510diaz
    Options
    barneygood wrote: »

That sounds incredible.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Tried cashew butter?
  • tamachan414
    tamachan414 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually like almond butter a lot better than peanut butter! But peanut butter is heavenly.
  • ricardo510diaz
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Never tried cashew butter or almond butter, never really liked cashews or almonds but I'll have to give them a go. I've recently grown an appreciation for walnuts as I've been making oatmeal with banana and walnuts in there, delicious as well, so I'd like to try walnut butter but it seems hard to find. I'll have to give these a shot as peanut butter is so good other nut butters are probably good as well.

I go for the Adam's Natural unsalted for salt-free peanut butter flavor. So good.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Mmm, I love to mix vanilla ice cream and peanut butter together.
  • ricardo510diaz
    Options
    savingstar.jpg

'nuff said.

10/10 candy.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I think it's high time we settled the debate once and for all.

Chunky >> creamy.

Discuss.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite treats is maple syrup and peanut butter mixed together. Sometimes on a pancake or waffle, sometimes on a spoon.

I've tried other nut butters and nothing even comes close to the deliciousness of peanut butter.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I love all nut butters. Nut butter is love. My favorite peanut butter items are . . . PB&J, peanut butter frosting, peanut butter frozen yogurt.
  • ricardo510diaz
    Options
    I think it's high time we settled the debate once and for all.

Chunky >> creamy.

Discuss.

Chunky all the way.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Nut butter is actually easy to make if you have the right tools! I bet you could make walnut butter. I use my food processor and let it run for a while until the nuts turn into butter. I've heard if it's too dry, you should add a little oil, but I've never had to do that.

Also, creamy all the way!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Strangely enough I wasn't much of a fan until joining MFP. Now I can practically measure out 22 grams in my sleep. It's so great for adding fat & protein.
  • ricardo510diaz
    Options
    One of my favorite treats is maple syrup and peanut butter mixed together. Sometimes on a pancake or waffle, sometimes on a spoon.

I've tried other nut butters and nothing even comes close to the deliciousness of peanut butter.

I used to do that with pancakes and eggo waffles. Everyone I would talk to about that would look at me like I was crazy hahaha but both of those were killer together on pancakes and waffles.

• North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter too- all kinds. I especially like the kind you grind at the store. I love that gritty texture.

Peanut butter is kind of like bacon. Add it and it makes everything better!