ITT we praise the greatest food on planet earth: Peanut Butter

Options

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    If I eat peanut butter, I will get extremely sick. It won't kill me, like it will many people. Ergo, it is NOT the greatest food on the planet.

Good food doesn't kill people.

I would like to agree with you, even though I handle PB allright.....but tongue in cheek, since this is obviously a very " american " thread, where some people forget that the rest of the world does not eat a US diet.
    There are many, many countries where peanut butter does not figure in their diet at all. I have tried it ( after all the song and dance about it here on MFP ) find it cloying, don't like that it sticks to the roof of my mouth and does not go well with corn tortillas, which I consume every day in place of bread ( which is neither good nor varied in this country ) and because it uses up to many calories for ( in my case ) very little nutritional satisfaction.
    For me a typical PB sandwich is pretty much the worst food I can imagine , mostly because of the bread that would typically be used and the aforementioned non-qualities of PB.....of course all very subjective.
    For me it's not worth the equivalent of 5-6 dollars for a small jar of Jiffy from the imported food section, because there are healthier things I can eat for less money. I did however like the peanut sauce that comes with some Malaysian dishes, but won't pay an airplane ticket just to get to a place, where I like peanuts.....:o).
    So foir me they are also not the greatest food on this planet.....

• SunnyYakimaniac
    SunnyYakimaniac Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is one thing I find very hard to ration, but I DO enjoy it sparingly now and then. Creamy vs Chunky? Chunky is my choice.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Are those machines easy to operate? I eye them with suspicion whenever I'm at Whole Paycheck. I'm convinced I'd be the chick spilling nuts all over the floor or something. :p
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    If I eat peanut butter, I will get extremely sick. It won't kill me, like it will many people. Ergo, it is NOT the greatest food on the planet.

Then there is no good food.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Chunky
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Sorry.

Cheesecake>Ice Cream> Peanut Butter
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing for this thread! I just finished my meal planning for the week and I'm going to be making an Asian-inspired dish that calls for an ingredient I'd never heard of before - peanut butter powder. Anyone else ever tried/used this? My husband actually found it at the store. The label says to mix 2 tablespoons of powder with 1 tablespoon of water and stir. Calories for this amount is 45. Total fat 1.5g. If it is any good, I'm going to be in heaven!
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Ang108 wrote: »

I would like to agree with you, even though I handle PB allright.....but tongue in cheek, since this is obviously a very " american " thread, where some people forget that the rest of the world does not eat a US diet.
    There are many, many countries where peanut butter does not figure in their diet at all. I have tried it ( after all the song and dance about it here on MFP ) find it cloying, don't like that it sticks to the roof of my mouth and does not go well with corn tortillas, which I consume every day in place of bread ( which is neither good nor varied in this country ) and because it uses up to many calories for ( in my case ) very little nutritional satisfaction.
    For me a typical PB sandwich is pretty much the worst food I can imagine , mostly because of the bread that would typically be used and the aforementioned non-qualities of PB.....of course all very subjective.
    For me it's not worth the equivalent of 5-6 dollars for a small jar of Jiffy from the imported food section, because there are healthier things I can eat for less money. I did however like the peanut sauce that comes with some Malaysian dishes, but won't pay an airplane ticket just to get to a place, where I like peanuts.....:o).
    So foir me they are also not the greatest food on this planet.....

My brother hated peanut butter until about high school. I think it is an acquired taste for many. Although we had an exchange student once that tried it and brought home 4 jars!

My husband actually likes peanut butter with corn tortillas... Interesting we all have different tastes!
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »
    Are those machines easy to operate? I eye them with suspicion whenever I'm at Whole Paycheck. I'm convinced I'd be the chick spilling nuts all over the floor or something. :p

Lol- look below the machine. They might have some containers already filled. I was always leery of those coffee grinding machines too but it always works out. Just make sure to read the instructions! Twice!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    North44 wrote: »
    GingerSka wrote: »

Lol- look below the machine. They might have some containers already filled. I was always leery of those coffee grinding machines too but it always works out. Just make sure to read the instructions! Twice!

Ah! Thanks! I could also, ya know, ask an employee. How novel! :D
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Peanut butter cheesecake ice cream

(as in ice cream with the flavor of peanut butter cheesecake)

FIFY :)
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    Perfect timing for this thread! I just finished my meal planning for the week and I'm going to be making an Asian-inspired dish that calls for an ingredient I'd never heard of before - peanut butter powder. Anyone else ever tried/used this? My husband actually found it at the store. The label says to mix 2 tablespoons of powder with 1 tablespoon of water and stir. Calories for this amount is 45. Total fat 1.5g. If it is any good, I'm going to be in heaven!

Hmmm...

This is a hard one to describe. PB2 is a good product, but only when used the right way.

PB2 has all the flavor goodness of peanut butter, BUT, it has none of the fat. This doesn't sound like a big deal until you realize part of peanut butter's charm is the creamy fatty texture.

PB2 is great in shakes, sauces, yogurt, dipping sauce, and any other place you want to use it to add peanut butter flavor.

Where pb2 DOESN'T do so well, is a direct replacement for peanut butter. I.E. peanut butter jelly sandwich
  • rainbowbow
    Options

Peanut butter cheesecake ice cream

(as in ice cream with the flavor of peanut butter cheesecake)

FIFY :)

I actually love cheesecake ice cream mixed with peanut butter brownie peices. <3 heehee
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

PB2 is great for some things, but I wouldn't spread it on toast. I have substituted for peanut butter in recipes (e.g. peanut sauce) but usually I go 50/50. I also put it in greek yogurt (either just to eat, or to make a dip) or just dip fruit right in the powder and eat it.

Edit: also, be sure to weigh your PB2. I've found it is much denser than they suggest (2 tbsp is a lot more than 12g..)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Team creamy, all the way.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I freaking love peanut butter. I love eating it plain, I love eating it on top of fruits, on veggies, on carbs... I like pairing it with vegetable soup, and with cheddar cheese.... I love eating ice cream with peanut butter in it, or just peanut butter flavored ice cream. I love peanut butter frostings and peanut butter candies like buckeyes. I like natural peanut butter and Jif peanut butter, and I even ate the powdered peanut butter and it was ok. I like peanut butter and chocolate, and peanut butter and syrup, and peanut butter and jelly. I like peanut butter flavored granola bars, I like Asian peanut/peanut butter sauces with spiciness. I like peanut butter mixed into greek yogurt. I even tried to mix peanut butter into cottage cheese before (not as good). If peanut butter was a band, I would be their Number One Fan!!!
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options

Hmmm...

This is a hard one to describe. PB2 is a good product, but only when used the right way.

PB2 has all the flavor goodness of peanut butter, BUT, it has none of the fat. This doesn't sound like a big deal until you realize part of peanut butter's charm is the creamy fatty texture.

PB2 is great in shakes, sauces, yogurt, dipping sauce, and any other place you want to use it to add peanut butter flavor.

Where pb2 DOESN'T do so well, is a direct replacement for peanut butter. I.E. peanut butter jelly sandwich

Very helpful information. I was actually sitting her contemplating making 1 serving and spreading it on a cracker to try it out. Maybe I'll just wait until I make my dish and go from there. I love the idea of trying it in a shake! :)
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    oh yeah... how did i forget this too?

pbco-wcw-2012-web-lrg.jpg

*orgasmic*
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

*orgasmic*

Love this stuff!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm making an Asian style pasta salad with a srirracha peanut butter dressing tonight. Can't freaking wait.

*orgasmic*

This is my go to for peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Best peanut butter ever.