new to this board..no self control

Options
I recently lost 20lbs and have gained 6lbs back. I have noticed that i have no self control when I am hungry..i grab anything..any helpful tips?

Replies

• Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Read a lot of articles on MFP. That will help. Add some friends for support. Keep up your food diary. I think the blog here is great too. You can look at past entries and see what triggers the 'grab anything'. Wish you the best!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Having pre-made snacks and meals packed in the fridge can help TREMENDOUSLY when you're hungry and want to reach for the chips/cookies.

Eat frequent snacks so you don't let yourself get into that "mindless food-beast" mode where you might not make very good food choices.

I can relate, I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and if I let myself get hungry without a healthy choice nearby--game over, I'm getting Taco Bell. So I always keep apples/granola bars/something healthy in my bag wherever I go.
  • tluv67
    tluv67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I actually pre made my snacks for work today and I have done very well..i will keep it up
  • kelseystew
    kelseystew Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Also, don't let yourself get super hungry! Try and eat some snacks throughout the day (healthy of course) to keep your hunger under control. This is huge for me personally, I find if I let my hunger get out of control all of my self control goes out the window I want quick easy and dirty. I also find that preplanning my week and pre prepping all of my food helps too.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    kelseystew wrote: »
    *snip*I want quick easy and dirty. *snip*

post-34615-how-you-doin-gif-Joey-Friends-Ohen.gif
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Trying not to let yourself get too hungry helps, so keep healthy, satisfying snacks on hand. Also, if you "grab anything", having only nutrient dense foods around certainly helps. If something you don't want to eat a lot of isn't there, you can't eat it.
  • JenLyn376
    JenLyn376 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Also need help! Feel free to add me.... i need lots of support in this journey