Help! from anyone with Pcos and/or Insulin resistance, Type

Options
Okay so first things first 5ft 3 SW:182 CW:142 GW:125(maybe 115)

So i have PCOS and insulin resistance so i store the majority of fat in my tummy i've already lost 40lbs but was wondering if anyone out the tried the South Beach diet? what were your experiences (i.e did you lose the promised 8-13lbs in 2 weeks and did it come off your stomache as promised) i've gotten through about 2 days of this before....and like 5months ago my endocrinologist mentioned a low g.i diet like the south beach diet, i've just done reg. traditional dieting the last 6months tho so anyway REVIEWS please it seems way too good to be true but im thinking maybe with the IR that u could lose more? also on metformin would my levels go to low? suggests and help please

Replies

• ladyjustice33
    Options
    Okay......I'm 5'5" and last year was 216-218 pounds. I had POS, Hyperinsulinemia (too much insulin) (still have thyroid disorder...hashimoto disease) I've lost 72 pounds and now weight 144. I also hold weight around the middle. What is working for me is excercise at least 5 days a week, cardio and strenght training. Changing my nutrient rations in this system to 40% carbs, 30%fat, 30%protein. Those percentages are the same percentages that South beach diet uses. I will tell you that the tummy will be the last thing to go. I'm just now noticing a real difference and hope it's gone by my goal weight of 127 pounds. The 40%carbs should be healthy carbs, whole wheats, fiber, veggies, and moderate fruits. No white bread, white rice, white pasta. If I splurge on candy it's dark chocolate in small amounts or the occasional skinny cow ice-cream. Very important to limit the saturated fats and to get all your protein. Also, don't starve yourself. My calories are set at 1200, but if I excercise it adds more and I always try to get as close to 1200 calories as possible after the system adds in my excercise, or eat back my calories as they call it on here. Hope this helps and good luck!!!
  • wannalosew8
    wannalosew8 Posts: 21
    Options
    I don't know anything about South Beach but just wanted to say thanks for sharing about your PCOS and insulin resistance. I have the same problems and I am at the beginning of my journey, weighing 220.8lbs and have a goal weight of 145lbs. It is nice to see someone with the same problems who has made so much progress. I hope I can too!:happy:
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about South Beach but just wanted to say thanks for sharing about your PCOS and insulin resistance. I have the same problems and I am at the beginning of my journey, weighing 220.8lbs and have a goal weight of 145lbs. It is nice to see someone with the same problems who has made so much progress. I hope I can too!:happy:

Thank you!! and im sure you'll do great feel free to add me if you want